Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
webbi
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone!!

Okay, been searching for the past hour+; still no further ahead. A lot of excellent info online here... just way too much to go through to find what I need without spending all day looking for it.

Using latest version of RN; using "fiblack3d" theme.

When we try to edit a user with RNYA, the background is WHITE & the text appears to be light grey or light blue (barely readable without highlighting it all).

How can we change those colors to something useful??

We have tried altering theme related scripts/templates, makes no difference. So there must be something we are missing that is module related to RNYA itself.

Suggestions??

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Webbi

PS: RN is by far the best CMS out there!

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Try looking in /includes/ajaxtabs/ajaxtabs.css

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote

webbi, Thanks for the kudos! I believe you'll find (or you already found) that Palbin is right on, as usual Wink. I recently had a client that had the same issue and that's what I edited to fix his problem. If not then please post back!

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quote

Greetings Raven!!

I am going to look at that file right now and will certainly post results here.

Note: Just so people don't get confused here; I admin for several websites (2 are using RN CMS, one uses Klyde theme (also being discussed online here), one uses flblack3d theme. Both have the same issue in regards to RNYA (so we know its not theme related).

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:44 am Reply with quote

Update: I changed every "white" to 'black' & every hex# to equiv. black - it changed nothing anywhere on the site. So, I don't see this file directly affecting anything on the site itself.

Suggestions??

Kind Regards,

Webbi

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Did you make certain to clear your cache before trying to view the changes?

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Bang Head There is another place I had to change - sorry! I will have to dig back through my files.

And, actually, it IS (categorically speaking) theme related or all themes would be affected Wink

webbi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote

Yes, cache was cleared.

I have been looking at the theme files for days now, still no luck. I don't understand how something so simple turns into something this difficult. Furthermore, if this same theme is run with PHP-Nuke v7.5 patched - the colors are exactly as they shoud be. It's only when we upgraded to RN that things went odd on us.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Webbie,

Please zip up and email the theme to me.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote

It's possible that the theme's CSS classes are duplicated by the Raven css...

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote

In your style.css file you are missing 2 # signs that fix all the color issues in the textarea's and the select boxes.

textarea{border-color: #545454; color:FFFFFF; background-color: #303030; font:normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif}
select{border-color: #545454; color:FFFFFF; font:normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif}

Should be

textarea{border-color: #545454; color:#FFFFFF; background-color: #303030; font:normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif}
select{border-color: #545454; color:#FFFFFF; font:normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif}

I am looking at the white background issue now.

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Further to this query:

WHITE SAMPLE 1

WHITE SAMPLE 2

The white backgrounds should be black and the text should be white. Due to clinical eye issues, those are the only colors I can easily see; everything else takes me forever to see/read.

Thanks for any assistance.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Webbi, that's what I saw also until I fixed those 2 # sign omissions. Then they both got fixed.

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Ah okay.... I will try that again and re-upload the file; I was sure I did that already... maybe I goofed though. Be back shortly with the results.

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Nope... makes no difference.

dschulze
Client

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote

I hope it is ok to tag my issues to the end of this existing RNYA 2.3.0 post:

1. In one of my sites, I do not allow users to select hidden as an option. Through RYNA Admin, Configuration, Default Fields, Display Option To Hide Online Status: is set to Deactivated. I also (backend) reset all perms for existing users to disallow hidden....yet users are able to switch to hidden!

Finally found that they can use Forums, Edit Profile, (I know this is crossing over to Forums...but...) and there they can change Hidden AND Allow HTML (something I do not allow) and basically everything that I don't want them to do! Nicht so gut! I am not figuring I have double user config duty to do, both on the RYNA side and the Forums side...do I?

2. I Suspended 73 users 2 days ago...I LOVE these new functions! Really needed and sweeeet! Today, I have 8 Suspended users! I am the ONLY Admin, NO ONE has any of these authorities in my system and I did not change the status of any of the 73. Being a bit paranoid about recent attacks, I am more than concerned...although I don't see any other problems at all. The recent captcha mod was installed by me immediately on announcement so I have 2.3.0 with the captcha mod at this moment.

Thanks folks!

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote

We're working on further integration between the your account profile and the forums profile (hopefully, we can eliminate the forums profile). Until then, you'll need to configure that via forum administration (if it's even possible to control it there - I'm not sure).

dschulze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
We're working on further integration between the your account profile and the forums profile (hopefully, we can eliminate the forums profile). Until then, you'll need to configure that via forum administration (if it's even possible to control it there - I'm not sure).

Ok, thanks...at least I know now and that's good. I have not found a way to do this via Forums admin so I am simply commenting out the appropriate form entries in edituser. That will do for now. Thanks for your response!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic