Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
rickleigh
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote

I want to see if I can convert my classifieds section to a module.

As it stands right now its running almost like a sub-domain. For example to get to the index you follow: mysite.com/classifieds/index.php and the admin: mysite.com/classifieds/admin.php.

So, my goal would be to have this act as a module with the admin in my administration section of my site.

Thanks
Rick Leigh

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote

It sounds possible, depending on your experience level... If you post more info, such as the script you are using, download link, your site, etc.... someone may be familiar with it, or something similar...

If you using RavenNuke you may want to see if the code is old and uses $dbi in the scripts... That would require extra effort to upgrade the code....

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote

It was a purchased script so I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post without getting into trouble. the creator is no longer around to get support. Their forums are down and the site acts like its been taken over by melware so I don't want to post it for anyone to get their computer messed up.

Name of the App is Creigslist Clone if anyone wanted to do a search.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote

I published the "skeleton" of a module in this thread a while back:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts16747-highlight-donothing.html

You could start with this and plug your module in. For the admin part you'd have to follow the rules for administrative parts of a module. There may be some instructions in the Karakas PHP manual (search) but I'm not sure. You need case and links files as well as a "main" administrative index.php program on the admin side. It is logical once you are familiar with it but it can be confusing at first.

If your module has forms which get validated and which update a database, you are going to need to do significant conversion both to go through module.php and to use the database layer within Ravennuke. If this looks like "Greek" to you and/or you don't have at least an intermediate level of PHP Mysql experience you might want to consider posting in the for hire section.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic