Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
ghostgeek
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I was hosting my RavenNuke site on Godaddys dedicated servers. For various reasons, I've relocated to one of their shared hosting plans.

I've moved all my files to the new shared host, and I've nearly got everything in order working as it should, however the htaccess rewrite function that shortens urls to standard .HTML extensions is not working. Every link I click on gives me a "404 file not found" error.

I googled a bit and some said that since I'm hosting on Godaddy, I should add the following lines to my .htaccess file...

Options -MultiViews
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

I've done so, but to no avail.

Anything else I should try before getting a root canal... I mean calling Godaddys "support" people?

Thanks as always for your time and assistance.

trunks
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote

check your rnconfig.php and check that the shortlink parameters are set correctly Smile

ghostgeek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote

trunks wrote:
check your rnconfig.php and check that the shortlink parameters are set correctly Smile
Thanks Trunks...

I checked the mconfig.php per your request...

$tnsl_bUseShortLinks = TRUE; //Setting this to TRUE will cause RavenNuke(tm) to shorten the URLs in GoogleTap/GTNG fashion.
$tnsl_bAutoTapBlocks = TRUE; //Setting this to TRUE will cause RavenNuke(tm) to shorten the URLs automatically for block files.
$tnsl_bDebugShortLinks = FALSE; //Setting this to TRUE will cause the ShortLinks function to display debugging information.

I even tried to set the DebugShortLinks to TRUE, but it didn't output any debugging info - same 404 error.

Also, a funny thing happened on the way to shared hosting... the permissions on many of the files got messed up. I had to manually CHMOD all the folders to 755 and files to 644. I know there are other files that need different permissions. Is this possibly a problem? Are there specific files that need other permissions set for shortlinks to work correctly?

Oh and one last thing... I opened the .htaccess file in the includes/tegonuke and it has just one line in it...

deny from all

Seems odd, but as this was working fine on my dedicated server (and I've not modified any of the files) it shouldn't be the problem... right?

Thanks again!!

trunks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote

it may be a problem with your php.ini check with your host to make sure the parameters are set correctly?

alien73
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote

Make sure Go daddy has Mod Rewrite turned on.. They should as it's pretty much standard.

ghostgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote

OK... I've just been told by the dental surgeons.... er customer support at godaddy Smile that mod_rewrite is NOT turned on. The NEARLY helpful customer support phone drone told me to place a php.ini file in the root of my hosting folder. I asked if he had the syntax of what I should PUT in that file, and of course I was told "no... but you should be able to find it with a quick search on Google..."

Well, I've been googling for the past half hour and my brain is starting to hurt. Can someone PLEASE help me get this enabled since my hosting company seems more interested in making sexy super bowl commercials that skirt the limits of indecency, VS actually helping their customers?

I.E. what needs to go into that php.ini file to turn on mod_rewrite in apache for my account?

ghostgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:50 am Reply with quote

HELP!!! lol
Quote:

old by the dental surgeons.... er customer support at godaddy that mod_rewrite is NOT turned on. The NEARLY helpful customer support phone drone told me to place a php.ini file in the root of my hosting folder. I asked if he had the syntax of what I should PUT in that file, and of course I was told "no... but you should be able to find it with a quick search on Google..."

Well, I've been googling for the past half hour and my brain is starting to hurt. Can someone PLEASE help me get this enabled since my hosting company seems more interested in making sexy super bowl commercials that skirt the limits of indecency, VS actually helping their customers?

I.E. what needs to go into that php.ini file to turn on mod_rewrite in apache for my account?

alien73

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote

try this for starters

php_flag mod_rewrite on

ghostgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

try this for starters

php_flag mod_rewrite on

OK... I had a php.ini file there by default. This is what was in it ( added the above line of code you gave me as well)

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

php_flag mod_rewrite = on

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

I even gave it an hour or so for the change to propigate. Not working so far...

Any other ideas?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:40 am Reply with quote

ghostgeek, it won't take hours. It will be immediate. What is this line here doing?

Quote:

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

Try taking that out. Unfortunately, though, I think you are going to have to get your host to give you the answer. It is THEIR hosting environment for crying out loud. Otherwise, you might want to switch to RavenWebHosting. Lots of people in the past have had issues on GoDaddy servers. You will find them all over the forums here.

ghostgeek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote

Thanks montego...

I did as you suggested, but that didn't work either.

Though I tried opening my page in firefox vs IE. Firefox was nice enough to give me more info...

The requested URL /MY_NUKE_ROOT/modules.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Of course, modules.php is exactly where it should be in that domains document root.

I think we're getting closer. Is this a path error somewhere along the way?

alien73

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote

I would recommend a new host... really...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:27 am Reply with quote

Try setting your shortlinks options in rnconfig.php to false to see what the real url is that the browser is trying to reach. Verify that the untapped url is correct. BTW, to turn rewrite on you don't need and shouldn't use php.ini. If your .htaccess contains RewriteEngine On then that's all you need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic