Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
southern
Client

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote

Got my CGIAuth working so I went ahead and turned off register_globals for my site. The rest of you better get your rears in gear lol

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I've never really paid that much attention to it until we just got Raven's email... I guess I have to back and read! Wink

southern

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote

Me neither, globals always sounded kinda smutty to me but a security threat? Gonna upgrade the old CMS next.

shotokan
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote

All my CGI stuff is working and fine. My only isse here is that the Sentinel is only installed on my main domain but i do have other nuke sites on sub-directories of my main public_html without sentinel.

The problem now is for those sites too is appearing the CGI scrren for login if i want to go to the admin even having no sentinl installed. How do i make this to heppen only at the main domains?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote

Try at the root of one of your subdomains adding a .htaccess file with the following:

Code:

<Files admin.php>
   allow from all
</Files>

I am hoping that this will override what is at the root domain level.

shotokan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Try at the root of one of your subdomains adding a .htaccess file with the following:

Code:

<Files admin.php>
   allow from all
</Files>

I am hoping that this will override what is at the root domain level.

Crying or Very sad No. Still asking to login at the server level. My .htacces has only what you metioned above but still appearing the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] login screen.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quote

Your .htaccess has a section that looks similar to this.
<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName .....
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile .....
</Files>

Try changing it to this.
<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
AuthName .....
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile .....
</Limit>
</Files>

shotokan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:10 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Your .htaccess has a section that looks similar to this.
<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName .....
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile .....
</Files>

Try changing it to this.
<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
AuthName .....
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile .....
</Limit>
</Files>

You mean the one on the main domain or the ones in the sub-domains? Because right now the one in the sub-domain has only this:

Code:

<Files admin.php>
   allow from all
</Files>

Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote

In the main domain

shotokan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
In the main domain
Still asking for the CGI login after that change

Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote

When I tested it, it seemed to work. I don't know what else to tell you at this point.

shotokan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
When I tested it, it seemed to work. I don't know what else to tell you at this point.

So i guess i will have to figure it our because we have some sub-clans that we gave them space for their own web site and they don't have NS installed but still they can not access their admin page because of that.

Maybe i will have to turn it off until i found the solution then.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote

I tested it again and it seems to work for me on Linux. What OS and Browser are you using?

shotokan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

I tested it again and it seems to work for me on Linux. What OS and Browser are you using?
I am using Linux with Apache 1.3.37 and IE6

Raven, let me ask you a favor. There is another post where montega is trying to help me but few moments ago i realized there is something really weird happening to my main domain address, so i am start to think that that problem may be affecting this solution not to work as well.

Could you take a look on this topic here at my last post? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quote

shotokan wrote:

Could you take a look on this topic here at my last post? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Let's not continue the discussion on the other thread here. I agree with Montego that you need to do the echo $content.

shotokan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
shotokan wrote:

Let's not continue the discussion on the other thread here. I agree with Montego that you need to do the echo $content.
Sorry Raven but maybe i did not make myself clear. I really don't want to bring that issue to this thread. My poinelly was since that problem is now clear that i am having some sort of issue with my root path, wouldn't that also be affecting the solution you are giving me here for the CGI issue.

I mean if that block issue is beause nuke installation are not being able to recognize my root directory for some reason i think it my affect in a way that no matter what i do on my .htaccess it will never work until i sort that root issue out. Sorry if i confuse you even more.

linkeb3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem all around, i've spent two days trying every solution, when i go to the admin.php after the initial table loading, site configuration with
RavenNuke[tm] Version 2.20.

As I enter step 10 or whatever, (clanbeowulf.org/html/admin.php) i get the nuke sentinal s**t to come up, of course..but then it doesn't recognize me. I spent all night last night and the night before trying every thing on this server imaginable. I'm stuck..

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:27 am Reply with quote

Well, your path to the .staccess file must be the absolute path and it looks as though you have placed this into a subdirectory under "html", so is ".../html/..." in your path?

It could also be the fact that you are using a subdirectory where the root above it is also a *nuke site. Some server environments do not seem to work right this way and I've never been able to resolve (on some environments - many do work). Maybe try a sub-domain instead of a subdirectory type install.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote

Just saw your other thread. Please do not double-post. We'll carry this conversation over on your other thread.

tourniqu3t
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote

I am not sure about http auth... But I finished working on admin cgi auth

I only copy path and after that from .htaccess for http auth (.htaccess) in modules/forums/admin. That's all. I renamed rn.htaccess to .htaccess too. Do I miss anything?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quote

Have a read of the HowToInstall files in the RN package and that will explain the process.

If you are receiving the additional login when you try to access the Admin Control Panel then everything should be working OK.

BTW are you trying to protect the forums admin as well? That is what it looks like from the path you have posted above.

tourniqu3t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote

I read the instruction in rn howtoinstall. But it explains very short about http auth. I read the instruction in this thread. Raven's instruction tells you a little bit more. I just added the path. That path is the same with .htaccess. Is it really correct? I am not sure about 3, 4, and 5 steps in Raven's instruction here now. You can pm me. You will know if admin auth cgi and http auth are perfect in my website.

But I tested with opening a link to Nuke Sentinel(tm). It banned me itself. It works successful. I am not sure if it's related with .htaccess and .tsaccess.

I unbanned myself from nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips and /home/username/public_html/folder/.staccess

But I don't know what will http auth do.

I am going to leave a message to Raven. I hope he can test them in my website.

thanks

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote

You can only use CGI Auth, or HTTP Auth.

If your server supports it you will have the option to use HTTPAuth and all you have to do is activate it. There is no need to then progress onto the setup for CGIAuth.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Actually maybe my first comment wasn't strictly true, you can use both but there is really is no need too.

tourniqu3t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Oh I run admin CGI auth. I like to keep the website to be safe 100%. And I don't know how to turn Nuke Sentinel message.

For example:

We have caught 184 hackers ....

I want it to appear in the website. I found this forums very interesting because Rave Nuke is the best this year. I tested a lot of forums. I love installing different types of forums. I think I am going to stick with Raven Nuke. You guys did really good job. I hope you guys are proud of what have you done and helped. By the way, I still have more questions after I read an answer about turning Nuke Sentinel message on. Thank you very much. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic