Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote

Good morning. I have a webpage that was possibly hacked. I left by mistake an SQL installer in the public html area in that folder. Could that be the issue? Could someone install that and screw up the installer?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is that page.

Please advise.

Thanks so much for your help.

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quote

Here is the error:

Warning: include_once(themes/Aviator/theme.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shock/public_html/mainfile.php on line 1125

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/Aviator/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/shock/public_html/mainfile.php on line 1125

Warning: include_once(themes/Aviator/theme.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shock/public_html/mainfile.php on line 1363

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/Aviator/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/shock/public_html/mainfile.php on line 1363

Warning: include_once(themes/Aviator/theme.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shock/public_html/header.php on line 31

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/Aviator/theme.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/shock/public_html/header.php on line 31
/>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function themeheader() in /home/shock/public_html/header.php on line 55

mars
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote

Does the theme Aviator exist?
It looks like the default theme is set to it but it doesn't exist?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote

Yes, that theme does exist but the pointers do not point to it or something. The only way to get into that is to go to the admin panel, but I cannot get in. The page does not go into it. This is the Raven Nuke software by the way.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote

Change in database table nuke_config the Default theme to e.g.: RavenIce or one of the the other standard Raven Nuke themes to access your administration again.
I believe your aviator theme will not work without some modifications.
Not sure if you finished the install process already.
But afterthat you should delete or rename the install scripts.

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote

The aviator theme is gone actually. I logged into the ftp and saw no aviator theme. Thank you for pointing me to the nuke_config table. How do I get there?

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

DonĀ“t know how your host handle this.
I use phpMyAdmin to go to my database.

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote

Ok, that is what I have. Where do I find it there? In the phpmyadmin and tables?

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote

Click on the table nuke_config in your database and click show.Now you should see an icon to edit the table. Scroll down and change the default _theme name and save it with OK.

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Hey Susann, we got it back up, but I think I need to update our nuke. My site is here. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] What version do we have and are we totally secure. Please advise.

Thanks soo much for your great help

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote

NukeSentinel(tm) 2.5.16: This is our version of Sentinel. How are we on that?

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Ok found it, the newest version seems to be: Current NukeSentinel(tm) version is 2.6.00. I haven't done this in awhile, so, wonder if you have a tutorial or instructions on the procedure to update. Would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote

No site is totally secure.....Smile Lot of depends on 3rd party mods and stuff added by users. I did notice that your Nuke Sentinel is a little behind on updates. May want to look at updating it. If you go to phpmyadmin and click on the database that holds your nuke site, then find the table called nuke_config. Click on the name nuke_config and it should open up in the structure tab ( at least that is how mine does). If you then click on the browse tab, it will show you the contents of the nuke_config table. Scroll over to the far right and there should be a column named Version_Num. Under that column will be your version of Nuke.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Susann

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote

Download NukeSentinel 2.6.01 full version and update NS from 2.5. - 2.6. and 2.6. - 2.6.01 and use the newest IP2Country.The included readme file explains how to do this.If you have still questions post in the NukeSentinel forum.
Current RavenNuke version is 2.3.0 but Version 2.3.01 is coming soon.

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I need to update/upgrade my RavenNuke. Is there a guide for dummies? I have experience and have the technical know how to at least manipulate something, but is the exact upgrade information avaialable?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Check your entire structure for writeable directories - check to see if there are any additional htaccess files and php scripts with 5 or 6 digit numbers for names. I saw this same activity on a server earlier this month, and the scripts are very bad.

If you find them, have your host update cpanel, and change all folders that are writeable to not be. Of course, remove the htaccess and php script files.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote

thegeneral2 wrote:
I need to update/upgrade my RavenNuke. Is there a guide for dummies? I have experience and have the technical know how to at least manipulate something, but is the exact upgrade information avaialable?

All the information you need is in the HowToInstall directory within the latest RavenNuke.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote

I'm not suggesting that you not upgrade, of course, but pointing out that your version of Nuke might not be what caused the breach...

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Guardian and kguske, I agree with you. Guardian, I have a download named RavenNuke_v2.30.00.tgz. How do I decompress this? What file format is that. Where is the HowToInstall directory? Don't mean to take up your time. I am a "do it yourself" type of guy and hate to take too much time away from people.

Thanks

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote

The file format is usually indicated by the file extension, in this case a compressed archive in .tgz
Most decent archive handling software should be able to unzip/unpack the archive including, WinRar, 7Biz, Ace and probably WinZip.
They all work pretty much the same; right click the package and select 'unzip' or 'unpack'.

thegeneral2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Yep, makes sense. I thought that Vista would see it but forgot that usually it won't, so I downloaded winrar. Thanks a bunch for your help.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I think Guardian meant 7-zip, my preferred archive utility.

Leaving the installer might affect your database, but it's not likely that it would allow a theme to be deleted. More likely, there is something much more nefarious going on, and it's outside of Nuke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic