Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
norefund17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote

Hi, hope this is the right spot to post this, I'm very sorry if its not. I searched for an hour trying to find an answer to this before posting, so i hope to god this isn't the 1000th time you have seen this question today :/. Anyway here it goes.

I'm trying to install RavenNuke v2.20.01 that i DL'ed today. I setup my MySQL database fine, configured my config.php the best that i know how. (not sure if it matters but i left $prefix and $user_prefix at default, both being "nuke"). Anyway, after i setup the database and configured the .php file i directed my web browser to the installation folder and accessed the installSQL.php using my web browser. Once at this page it accessed my database just fine and gave me the options to then setup my tables and such. However, in "Step 1" when i hit the "Load Core Tables" button, i receive the error

The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is:
MySQL Error # 4 = Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

I don't know exactly what info you need from me to help trouble shoot this but il give all i can think of.

# Server version: 5.0.51a-community
# Protocol version: 10
# Server: Localhost via UNIX socket

when i check the database that it accesses it did install some of the tables. The tables "Nuke_Authors" Thru "nuke_user_temp" are installed it seems.

Anyway, that's all i can think of for now, please let me know if you need anymore info from me please let me know and thank you so much in advance for your help Smile.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote

If this is a new install we would recommend installing the latest version which is RN 2.30.00.

norefund17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote

bah, i'm stupid i thought this was the newest version cause it was on top of the DL page, but the newer one is at the bottom lol. Anyway, ty so much for the fast reply, il give this a try and let ya know if i still get the error Smile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic