Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
diamonds1981

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote

I used to use phpnuke. I recently had to redo the entire site due to it being deleted on accident by my hosting company. After running into some problems, I decided to try RavenNuke instead after a few people suggested I try it. I used a theme called Inferno with phpnuke for a few years, with no problems after I edited the theme.php file.

I got ravennuke set up, and installed the same Inferno theme, and the right side blocks didnt show up (they did with the default themes, though). So I edited the theme.php but theyre still not showing. I have been searching for several hours now and everything I find on this site and every other only seems to say the same thing - edit the theme.php (if (defined('INDEX_FILE')) { that whole thing).
Can anyone please help me figure out why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it? This is driving me insane Bang Head

PS: I tried a few other custom themes also, and the same thing happens.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote

Did you try this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ? Read it very carefully and make sure you follow all the steps :wik:

diamonds1981

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:07 am Reply with quote

Yes I did try changing if ($index == 1) { to if (defined('INDEX_FILE')) { (like I said in my original post Wink ).
I knew about it from when I used phpnuke; I had to do that to get the right side blocks to show up, and it worked. But now, with RavenNuke, its not doing the trick.

If the themes that came installed with RavenNuke work with the right side blocks showing up, then this part from the FAQ "Also make sure that your modules have define('INDEX_FILE', true); if you want the right blocks to appear" wouldnt be the problem, right? If that was the problem, wouldnt that mean they wouldnt show up whether it was a custom theme or a theme that came with the install?

Thanks for replying, btw! Got any other ideas? Sad

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote

Can you post a link to your site?

diamonds1981

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:18 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quote

Yes, I know you said you did that part, but did you also do the other part?

Also make sure that your modules have define('INDEX_FILE', true); if you want the right blocks to appear.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote

If Ravens suggestion doesn't fix the issue, I think you may have to reload your files making sure they are uploaded in BINARY mode (not auto) if the server is Linux. There appears to be a problem with the site footer (it is missing) so try uploading footer.php again.
Problems in footer.php can cause right blocks to disappear because they are loaded from that file.

diamonds1981

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote

Ok I went through every module and added define('INDEX_FILE', true); to all the ones that didnt have it in the index.php file. Right blocks still arent showing =/

diamonds1981

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
If Ravens suggestion doesn't fix the issue, I think you may have to reload your files making sure they are uploaded in BINARY mode (not auto) if the server is Linux. There appears to be a problem with the site footer (it is missing) so try uploading footer.php again.
Problems in footer.php can cause right blocks to disappear because they are loaded from that file.

Thanks =) Trying that now.

diamonds1981

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote

Hmm you're right, when you look at my website the whole bottom part is missing... when I used phpnuke, it was there. I reuploaded footer.php, but it didnt change anything.

So I have to reupload all the files in binary mode (i just checked in WS_FTP and I uploaded in auto the first time)? Will that mess with anything that was done during the installation process?

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote

It should "mess" them to the correct format if anything got hosed up Wink

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote

Post the code in and around
if (defined('INDEX_FILE')) {

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quote

I see you have re-installed phpNuke now so is this now resolved or would you like me to install RavenNuke (tm) and fix your theme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic