Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
Dacubz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote

I decided to start my site completely fresh since upgrade headaches aged me 10 years over the past 2 days Laughing . I uploaded the zip file to my server and extracted it there, so there shouldn't be an ftp issue. Everything seemed to install correctly, but when I try to administer the forums through the admin panel, I get this:

Quote:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I thought I was ready to roll, but I can't get this worked out. Any idea what might be causing this?

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quote

What did your error logs say?

Dawg

Dacubz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quote

Dawg wrote:
What did your error logs say?

Dawg
If the log is the one read through the site, it tells me the error is unknown. I looked at the file in the rnlogs folder, and nothing was written there. I did a reinstall now, and now I can't even create the tables, I get the same error. It might be a max query issue with the server possibly?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote

Error reporting is turned on in the config.php file. Also the rnlogs folder is used for database logging which can be turned on in the rnconfig.php file. You may find some errors trapped in your hosting logs, which you can access through cpanel, if that is what you are using.

Check them out and let us know.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote

reporting is set to "true" in config.php, no errors reported. rnconfig.php set to 1 with no errors. cgi error log on server shows no errors. I'm stumped. Everything seems to have installed OK, but I can't access the forum setup from the admin menu. I just get the error shown earlier in this thread, even after uploading and installing fresh again.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote

Are you on a linux server? I would check the chmod and chown on your directories. Whenever I unzip a file on the server, the directories never have the correct ownership or permissions. And I have to chown everything to the proper owner and then chmod to 755 (directories) and 644 (files). It's all a pain. Although I've heard of others having ftp issues, in 6 years and countless installs I've never had any ftp problem. I use filezilla.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote

Are you using cPanel on your server? If you are try viewing the error logs through cPanel.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote

The error was with my directory permissions. I did the chmod to 755, and everything is good to go now. I think the ftp had them at 775 if I recall. My server is linux BTW. Thanks for the help codyG! Dance-Y

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote

Dacubz,

Does your host have phpSuExec installed?

Dacubz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Dacubz,

Does your host have phpSuExec installed?

Not sure what that is. In any case, it's running up now. Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote

suExec does not allow directory permissions less restrictive than 755 nor file permissions less restrictive than 644.

CodyG - Way to go Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic