Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
jeebus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Anytime I move any block to the center_up position the block displays twice side by side each other as seen here.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If I move the block to the center_down position it displays once stretched all the way across as it's supposed to.

I thought this may be a problem with the theme so I've now loaded a new install of NUKE on a completely different server. I've taken a copy of the theme I'm using currently off my live website and uploaded it to the new mirror on the new server and when I move any block to the center_up position it works as exactly as it should.

See it here.

So..... it's apparently not the theme, and I have no idea where to look.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Dave

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:57 am Reply with quote

Looks more to be a function of the code within that block. Try disabling that block and use one of the blocks that come with Nuke to see if it is isolated just to that Paypal block.

If it is just that one block, post the code for that block here within code tags.

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 am Reply with quote

Are you using NSN Center blocks???

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
jeebus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Looks more to be a function of the code within that block. Try disabling that block and use one of the blocks that come with Nuke to see if it is isolated just to that Paypal block.

If it is just that one block, post the code for that block here within code tags.

This happens when I move any block into the center_up position. I have disabled blocks and tried other blocks. Every block works fine in any other position, except when moved into the center_up position then they are doubled as pictured.

jeebus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote

slaytanic_wehrmacht wrote:
Are you using NSN Center blocks???

I have no idea what this means? Please explain. If it's an add on of sorts then I'd say no cause I've never added any block modules on.

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote

*cut* should read better Smack

Agree with Montego, is that the standard Advertising module? If not, post the block code (and contents).

jeebus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote

warren-the-ape wrote:
*cut* should read better Smack

Agree with Montego, is that the standard Advertising module? If not, post the block code (and contents).

Again, it doesn't matter what block I move to that position they all do the same.

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote

This is not the case with RavenNuke. All my center blocks are correctly working. So, what php-nuke version are you using????

Can you pleas also post the content of the block itself

jeebus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote

slaytanic_wehrmacht wrote:
This is not the case with RavenNuke. All my center blocks are correctly working. So, what php-nuke version are you using????

Can you pleas also post the content of the block itself

Again it's happening to ALL blocks so I'm not sure what seeing the code for one specific block will do.... but I'm at a loss so here you are.

Here you are.

Also I'm suing Nuke 7.6.

Thanks for your interest in helping so far. Much appreciated.

jeebus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Please? Sad

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote

jeebus wrote:
Again, it doesn't matter what block I move to that position they all do the same.

Well you already ruled out the theme but are the 2 nuke versions (test vs. live) exactly the same? Was it a copy just like the theme, if not, you may want to compare your files.

jeebus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote

I've searched around a lot to find the answer to the mystery duplicate block issue... and it appears others have had the same problem but I've yet to find the answer. Anyone????????????

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:51 am Reply with quote

jeebus, unfortunately, I have never seen nuke do this UNLESS you were using NSN Center Blocks, a poorly coded theme, had an error in your block code, or you have made a change somewhere that is causing this. *nuke will not just do this itself. We have run through all the usual suspects. It is now up to you to determine what is different between 'test' vs. 'live'.

BTW, if you could post links to the "appears others have had the same problem", it might give us some more clues to follow-up on. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic