Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback
milenko
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 am Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals, did the upgrade and everything has been running good for some time (Knock on wood). I have looked and looked however I cannot find a image poster / attacher that is easier to install and or use then the one I have been using for years. The problem I have now is (and I am guessing) that some sort of security setting is not allowing javascript to input text into a post. Just so you know, I have emailed the creator/admin of postimage.org and no response now over a month.
Name of the mod: Simple Image Upload
MOD Description: This mod integrates image hosting with PHP-Nuke It makes image upload very simple. All images are hosted on remote image hosting service, not on your forum. When user uploads image, script creates a thumbnail for image and appends bbcode to post user is typing. User doesn't need to know anything about bbcode. And this mod is very simple to install.
What is does: Adds a simple link below the text entry section in your forum. "Upload Image" Link.
Install instructions (2 edits):
Code:
# 

#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------
#
copy addform.html to ./addform.html
#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
./includes/template.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 268
  $str = implode("", @file($filename));
  if (empty($str))
  {
   die("Template->loadfile(): File $filename for handle $handle is empty");
  }
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------
#
  if(basename($filename) === 'posting_body.tpl')
  {
   $str = str_replace('</textarea>', '</textarea><br />&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;<span class="genmed"><a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.open(\'http://www.postimage.org/index.php?mode=phpbb&lang=english&forumurl=\' + escape(document.location.href), \'_imagehost\', \'resizable=yes,width=500,height=400\');return false;">Add image to post</a></span>', $str);
  }
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

Code for addform.html:
Code:
<html>

<head>
</head>
<body>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
function add_code()
{
   var text = unescape(document.location.search.substring(1));
   var area_ignore_name = /username_list|search/i;
   var area_e=opener.document.getElementsByTagName('TEXTAREA');
   for(var i=0;i<area_e.length;i++)
   {
      if(!area_e[i].name.match(area_ignore_name))
      {
         var area=area_e[i];
         break;
      }
   }
   area.value = area.value + text;
   opener.focus();
   window.close();
}
add_code();
//-->
</script>
</body>
</html>

And then you just upload "addform.html" to the root.
The problem since the upgrade (No errors in the browser BTW) I click upload image, browse to the image, name it and click upload. The progress/upload bar starts working, then at the end when it use/suppose to input the BB code into the text field, it just closes and the BB code is gone. What I was hoping is someone here can help me get this working, or adjust the code so it will just display the BB code so users can just copy and paste it.
I advise you to try it out so this process makes more since to you. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
This is where you can download this MOD: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
One more fact just to cover the bases, I am using the "phpBB2 PHP-Nuke" version.

First off thanks so much for reading this and another thanks for trying to help in advance!

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quote

milenko, don't know how we missed your post. Sorry about that. But, have you tried the Forum Attachment mod that came with the latest RavenNuke? It is in the AddOnFiles directory. There were a couple of pathing issues in it that have been discussed in the forums here with resolutions.

Unfortunately, phpBB mods are not my strong suite as I have not had a need for them, so not sure how much help I will be to you.

milenko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote

no prob montego, (you always come around and help me out) about not seeing the post. It isn't really an mod for phpbb, if you could check the link above and check it out. The newest RN isn't allowing me to input the script in the forum for some reason..

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote

milenko, what you posted above IS in fact a forum mod... sorry, but I don't have time ATM to "check it out". I'll mark this post down though so that I don't forget to come back to it...

milenko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:20 am Reply with quote

Thanks man, it is a mod I. Not a major one. It adds one line to your template for the forum that says "add image" and uses javascript to input the code. No matter what I do I cannot get the darn thing to input the code. Maybe if someone knows how to edit the mod so the postimage.org website comes up when you click "add image" instead of trying to input text that would be awesome. It would work kinda of, just not the way it was meant to be used.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

milenko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote

hey montego, by chance have you any free time to look into this? I still cannot get it to work
Sad

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote

There is going to be a Forums attachment mod built into RN 2.3 which is coming soon. Given how long this thread has been active I'd suggest you wait for that and try it then.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 am Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry... no time for forum mods as it is not my forte.

milenko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote

thanks montego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback

View next topic
View previous topic