Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:43 pm Reply with quote

After I upgraded to SPChat 0.8.2.9 the chat is not working for people using Firefox, but only Explorer. In Firefox you can only see what you writes yourself, but not what other people chat. I have Googled and found a Spanish site that had the identical problem.

Are there any other good chat modules for PHP.Nuke? SPChat don't seems supported anylonger and the site is hacked.

slackervaara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote

When I go in the chat with Explorer I get this warning message: parent.window.wIn.documents.forms.form1.elements is null or not an object.

I think that this code might be responsible:

Code:

<?php if ($GLOBALS['spchat']['config']['allow_events'] == 1 && $admincreated === true ) { ?>
<script language="JavaScript" src="<?=$GLOBALS['spchat']['basedir'] ?>/eventcalendar.js.php"></script>
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
    var cal1 = new calendar1(parent.window.wIn.document.forms['form1'].elements['txt']);
    cal1.year_scroll = true;
    cal1.time_comp = true;
//-->
</script>

testy1
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quote

It's not a bad mod really but it needs a lot of work, to buggy for my liking, I use firebug to figure out whats going on in Firefox it will tell you everything you need.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote

If you have PHP 5.x try the Live Chat module from nukecoder.com

slackervaara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I got the identical error with Firebug. My impression is that something in this is wrong: parent.window.wIn.document.forms['form1'].elements['txt'])
But the question is what should be the correct line. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I will certainly test Live Chat, if I can't get this working.

slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote

I have been troubleshooting SPChat. SPChat works normally in English, but if Swedish is used the trouble with Firefox occurs i.e it is not possible to see what others chat. There are national 8-bit characters in Swedish and they seems to cause this problem. It is possible to see the Swedish national characters in Firefox that one writes in Firefox. There seems to be a problem in receive.php of SPChat regarding 8-bit characters.

slackervaara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote

This is mysterious really. Now I have discovered that approx 40 % of Firefox users can get the chat to function with Swedish characters, but I can't find out why or find any difference.

I tried Live Chat, but it did not function as expected in Explorer, but well in Firefox

slackervaara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quote

I think I have found a fix. In modules/SPChat/receive.php

At the top of this file and immediately after <?
I added this line:
header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1");

It seems to work normally now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic