Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
alien73
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quote

Hi there,

Anyone have a mod that will allow different blocks per module/page. I can filter out all left or right blocks per module/page, but I'm looking for a way to do it on a per block basis. Seems all CMS systems have this features expect NUKE. Would be great to add this to Ravens release.

mars
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quote

The AutoTheme module does this easily with an AutoTheme based theme. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote

Ok, Thanks I was hoping there was a module already done. We already have our theme fine tuned and don't want to go through the trouble trying to redo it with autotheme, but we may have to give it a shot our just write one ourselves.

Thanks again for replying

alien73

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote

Just tried it and all I'm getting is a blank page in admin.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote

You should be able to control the blocks on a per module basis.

I don't have access to my files now, but if you have a patched site within each index.php for the modules there should be some code at the top which looks something like this: define('INDEX_FILE', true); if you comment it out it should hide right blocks for that module.

There is a post here about how to hide left blocks on a per module basis: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote

With regards to right blocks I should add that older patched files may have $index = 1; if you switch between 1 & 0 you should be able to turn right blocks on and off.

alien73

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote

I'm speaking of a block structure like Drupal,Joomla show single blocks only on certain pages without Autotheme, not just hide all the left or right blocks. There was a mod back in 2003-04 called block-mod is something similar.

I may just code a module for it, but I was hoping to get a head start since I don't have much time these days to code.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:33 am Reply with quote

Yeah, been thinking of adding that as well. There was talk between Raven and the author of AutoTheme about including it in RN, but we chose not to at the time just due to time constraints. Of course, though, I'd rather make it possible across all themes, not just for themes designed for Auto Theme...

alien73

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote

It would be nice.... The limited block features has always been Nukes downside as far as features go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic