Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests
FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote

Friday morning we go to the hospital where they have scheduled to scope her one knee and do a total replacement of the other one. They feel confident that she will get 3 or 4 more years from the one they plan on scoping before it will more than likely need replaced also. Years of running squad and firefighting have taken a toll on her knees. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Unit1
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote

I pray all will go well with the surgery and that she will have a quick, complete recovery.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:11 am Reply with quote

Hope everything goes well !
The hard time is after the surgery.

FireATST

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Ty....the surgery went well today. Was on hold for several hours due to an emergency that came in. She is funny under the influence of strong narcotics....Smile Tomorrow morning the fun starts for her (not really, but necessary)

testy1
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quote

FireATST wrote:
Ty....the surgery went well today. Was on hold for several hours due to an emergency that came in. She is funny under the influence of strong narcotics....Smile Tomorrow morning the fun starts for her (not really, but necessary)

I also act funny under strong narcotics, my grand mother has never heard such language in all her life, she was disgusted....Sad

glad its all going well m8

FireATST

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote

She is now home....Smile Now comes the work part....lol. It is good to have her home and it is amazing how much she can already do 3 days after surgery. Tomorrow physical therapy starts at home and will last about 2 weeks and then she should be good to go outside of home to therapy. At least that is the plan for now.....Smile Thanks again everyone.

testy1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote

FireATST wrote:
It is good to have her home and it is amazing how much she can already do 3 days after surgery

Who was cooking for you before that lol

Great news m8 Very Happy

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:21 am Reply with quote

Definitely in our prayers! Margie just recently underwent knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus and while they were in there they scraped the bones to try to relieve some of the arthritis pain/injury. Unfortunately the scraping appears to have really irritated things so now she has started a 3 week injection therapy treatment (1 per week) of some kind of synthetic joint liquid (the stuff is like $600/shot!). They have to drain a ridiculous amount of fluid build up before the injections. All that to say that we understand Wink

FireATST

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:30 pm Reply with quote

She is taking steps now.....Smile That was important for me to return to work next week since we have a 2 story home. The stitches and staples were removed today from both knees which will make therapy more comfortable. Tomorrow home therapy ends and we will be making the trip out of the house to go to rehab at the surgeons office. Excellent rehab facility they have. Hope to be back to somewhat normal conditions by the end of the weekend or mid-week at the latest. Thanks all for the prayers.

Raven except for the joint lubrication shots that is what they did to my wifes left knee. Saw the before and after photos today of that knee. Thankfully we don't have to do the shots here. Will keep you and your Mrs in prayers also.

Opps forgot......testy1, I am a pretty good cook myself.....lol.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote

We will continue praying for her recovery for sure! Interestingly enough, tomorrow is the last shot of synthetics that Margie receives. We saw the insurance bill for those shots - around $800/shot! We only had to pay 20% but hopefully they will work.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quote

Thank goodness for insurance.....Smile I could not imagine the bill we would have without it. Hope your Mrs. does well after the shots. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Prayer/Praise Requests

View next topic
View previous topic