Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
red46
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote

I just did a new install of 2.0.22
This is my first try with RavenNuke. So far, I'm impressed but I have a problem.
When I clickl on the link, on the main page, to edit the news item, I can see everything on the admin page, except the actual content box with the news item. I get that 'webpage cannot be found' message.

I also get the 'not found' message, on the preference page, where the footers 1,2&3 should be. The boxes just aren't there.

I'm a real dummy with this nuke business. Smile I'm learning as fast as I can.
Can someone help guide me in the right direction. Why are these not showing up?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like the files didn't all get uploaded. Try re-uploading your files with a good ftp client, like FileZilla (free on SourceForge.net).

red46

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll try that. I've been going through all the files to make sure they are all there and it sure seems to be ok. I'll reupload anyway. thanks

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Also be sure to transfer all the files as BINARY.

red46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote

Rats! I've reuploaded all files, except the config. All in binary. I still can't see the footer.
I get this in both the edit message window and in the preferences. I can't see the edit window nor the footers.
Odd thing...don't know if that's normal=in the files directory, when I clicked on the footer to view, I see the whole index page. Is that normal?

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Have you asked anyone else to log into the admin page and see if they can view it normally? Perhaps try Firefox instead of IE or vice versa? If you would like, you may pm me your the site url and an admin name and password that I can use to test this for you. At least then you will know if it is your system or the website. Good luck.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
red46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote

OK, I'm dense. In poking around, I've discovered that it's the editor that's not loading.
Help!

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Set the editor in rnconfig to 0 and check if there are still errors.
Set also config error to true in config.php and in rnconfig to:

$error_reporting = E_ALL; // This is the default and means: All errors except Notices

I quess you just didnĀ“t upload everything correctly.

red46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quote

Setting the editor to 0, at least let me get in there to do some editing. But now, how on earth, do I get that editor working?

red46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote

This I noticed in the rnconfig
"The $advanced_editor setting controls whether or not nukeWYSIWYG(tm)
* will be used. The site-level setting is below. But adding a similar
* setting to the modules/xxxx/index.php allows the editor to be enabled
* or disabled at the module level."

The ony editor I see in the package, is FCKeditor and its in the includes folder, not the modules folder. And I see no nukeWYSIWG listed in the modules.

Is this my problem?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote

nukeWYSIWYG uses FCKEditor. The text above is if you want to turn the editor off on a per module basis, so no need to worry about that.

Try uploading everything within the FCKEditor directory in the includes folder again using a good FTP program. We usually recommend Filezilla.

red46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote

I reuploaded and everything seems fine. My only problem now, is trying to figure out yahoo. grrrrr
I've had a linked subdomain to the nuke directory, all along. It was working fine until just now. In order to get to the admin page, where the editor IS working, I have to go directly to that directory, instead of using my subdomain before my .com addy.
Always something, huh....I don't think it's anything you can help with. Gotta go digging.
Thanks loads, for the help.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote

You are using Yahoo for hosting? I seem to recall another forum member having lots of problems with them.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote

I have the pleasure of hosting a number of yahoo ex-clients Smile - always room for one more Wink

red46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quote

I think I'll look into that hosting switch. Smile
It's an odd problem, I can't figure out. I've been using that subdomain to redirect into the nuke folder, for quite some time, with no problem. But now, with the RavenNuke, for some stupid reason, everything works fine when I go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] except the editor but if I go directly into [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] everything is the same and the editor is working fine. Doesn't make sense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic