Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Forum Attachment Mod
kb9nha
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote

I been trying since yesterday to make my flash signature (with music) work. A friend of mine made the sig for me in his Nuke Evo site. It works in his site but when I replaced my old Forum sig (via Profile) on my site, it doesn't. I tried installing a multi-bbcode mod & flash mod hacks I found in some other sites after reading several forum threads here about the matter but the mods won't work with RavenNuke (the flash sig is not showing up). Any help on this? The flash sig code is below...

[flash width=410 height=139]http://niggasforlife.net/images/sigs/wildfire.swf[/flash]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:03 am Reply with quote

The attachment mod is completely different to forum signatures.
The link you postsed clearly uses BBCode so there must be something in the bbcode.php which is not correctly handling the swf file.

If your forum has 'html' enable in the forum config, have you tried using the html code instead? You'll need to add the EMBED and OBJECT html tags to the 'allowed' html in the forum config.
Generally speaking, it is a bad idea to allow embedding flash objects as malicious code can be added to the action event.

kb9nha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote

Both embed & object html tags I've already added before in the "allowed" html in the forum config. I also tested this sig in another friend's site on RaveNuke & got the same result. All I see is the code but not the image.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote

As I said, the BBCode tags will not work unless the bbcode.php file is modified to 'interpret' it.
I'm assuming from your last post you have tried using html (instead of BBCode) and even though you have 'allowed' them in the forum config it isn't showing up.
Do you have a link to a post with the code being used so I can see what is still getting striped out?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote

Here's the link...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I've also installed an Advance BBCode mod box earlier. The mod also is not working...

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote

I have always found that this is a bad practice. I no longer allow any type of SWF to used. It causes too many security risks.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Looks like you have spaces in the link which is getting encoded as %20 so the first thing is to remove spaces and any other special characters you have except hyphens and underscores.

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote

On the link that you have provided I see the flash signiture working. I assume that you have figured out whatever issue you had. Is this correct?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Looks like you have spaces in the link which is getting encoded as %20 so the first thing is to remove spaces and any other special characters you have except hyphens and underscores.

I don't get what you said. The code works when used in a Nuke Evo site but not in a RavenNuke site like mine.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quote

Windows servers probably don't mind spaces in file names, unfortunately Linux does mind and it is also case sensitive where Windows isn't.
It is not a good thing to have spaces in a file name so I suspect the filtering we use in RN is different to that used in Evo and that is why the 'space' is getting encoded.
Did you actually try it with no spaces?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 am Reply with quote

I did now & still it's not working.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote

Are these the two ESRIDER flash images that are not working (the bottom one has sound)?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote

All of the flash sigs by Rider wont work in my site. It's working fine in his site.

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quote

I am confused about this. When I view the link I clearly see both of the flash signitures working. I can mouse over them and hear the music play as well. Except for the [center] codes showing, what is the issue? Forgive me if I have missed something in this post. Please clairify. Thank you.

kb9nha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
I am confused about this. When I view the link I clearly see both of the flash signitures working. I can mouse over them and hear the music play as well. Except for the [center] codes showing, what is the issue? Forgive me if I have missed something in this post. Please clairify. Thank you.

You are looking at my friend's site, not mine...

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote

What is your url? Can you provide a direct link to the forum showing the issue?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote

You have to register to access the forum...

jaded

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote

Can you open the forums up so that registration isn't needed for the testing of this problem? I don't actually wish to sign up.

kb9nha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
Can you open the forums up so that registration isn't needed for the testing of this problem? I don't actually wish to sign up.

No need for u to see it. I'm just gonna tell you, all you see is the code & not the image.

Loki
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote

Most likely some of the edits for the bbcode mod are not complete. Which bbcode version are you adding since there are several out?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote

The latest bbcode mod, bbcode box mod & multibbcode mod. I installed it right for sure. Nothing's missing.

I removed the mods coz it's not working.

Loki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote

It works because I have done it, There are a couple bbcode mod versions that required different edits than it said in the instructions so that might be the issue. What version of rn are you using?

kb9nha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
It works because I have done it, There are a couple bbcode mod versions that required different edits than it said in the instructions so that might be the issue. What version of rn are you using?

I'm using the latest one for the RN. Would you give me the link to the flash sig of yours that's working. I've tested the sig in 2 RN sites both it's not working.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quote

It has nothing to do with RN, the mod is clearly not installed correctly. As you say you followed the instructions then the instructions must be wrong (which Loki mentioned).
Loki giving you a link to a flash image is not going to make it work either as the mod is clearly not working, so therefore it is not interpreting what to do correctly with the flash content.

If you want help, please answer the questions that are asked otherwise we are going to be hear a long time.

Since you didn't answer the question "which version", let's try and establish it.
I think the latest version of the Advance BBCode MOD is version 5.1 (I'm sure Loki will correct me if I'm wrong) and yes, the instructions were wrong for that one.
The install procedure and some code were corrected and sent back to the site they were downloaded from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] so they should have a good copy of the MOD - though it does not include the shoutbox.

kb9nha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote

I went to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] hoping to find what I'm looking for but came up empty handed. I've searched under site Downloads about flash mod, bbcode mod, etc. to no avail. Finally I decided to start a forum thread there at clan-themes about the problem & I got this response:

My apology for being skeptical on something claimed by other as working. It's always been a habit of mine not to believe on something unless I see it or have some definitive facts to support such claim. After not seeing an RN site with functional flash sig, I remained adamant that it's really working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Forum Attachment Mod

View next topic
View previous topic