Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
manoe
Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote

ok here it goes.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I would like to take that downloads page and remove the downloads block. It will be a single column of web cam feeds.

What I need some guidance with is actually editing the downloads page to accomodate the center blocks. When I go into the admin section and hit Blocks all of the listed blocks are for the homepage.

I guess what I am asking is if there is a way to make a block that I create there appear in the Downloads page?

manoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I added a module that should work for displaying the HTML that I had. I added the new link to the module which is AWOL_TV and I get the error below.. I would have thought it would have simply loaded the HTML into the center area on a new page.

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_lang() (previously declared in /home2/awolgame/public_html/mainfile.php:371) in /home2/awolgame/public_html/mainfile.php on line 390

manoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Ok, here is the actual code for the Module I downloaded from Clan-Themes. I have never had an issue with anything from them before.

I am betting this is a simple fix.. I just cannot figure it out. This is the module I am linking to and I get the error listed in the post above.

Code:

<?php

/********************************************************/
/* Add HTML Script 1.1 for PhP-Nuke 6.0                 */
/* By: Simonaut (webmaster@simonaut.com)                */
/* http://www.simonaut.com                              */
/* Copyright © 2003 by Simonaut                         */
/*                      */

// If you would like to Display the Right Side Bar $index = 1;
// Or if you would not want to Display the Right Side Bar it must be $index = 0;
if (!isset($mainfile)) { include("mainfile.php"); }
$index = 1;
include("header.php");
OpenTable();

?>

/*Place your HTML code here*/

<?php
CloseTable();
include("footer.php");
?>

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote

That code is old. You should look at one of the existing modules to get the right code. I am assuming you are running RN.

manoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 am Reply with quote

Yes I am running RN.

The code is quite different. Here is the new code. At least I am not getting the error now but the page is all jacked up...

Code:
<?php

/* Add HTML Script 1.1 for PhP-Nuke 6.0                 */
/* By: Simonaut (webmaster@simonaut.com)                */
/* http://www.simonaut.com                              */
/* Copyright © 2003 by Simonaut                         */
/*                      */

// If you would like to Display the Right Side Bar $index = 1;
// Or if you would not want to Display the Right Side Bar it must be $index = 0;
if (!defined('MODULE_FILE')) {
   die('You can\'t access this file directly...');
}
require_once('mainfile.php');
$module_name = basename(dirname(__FILE__));
get_lang($module_name);
$pagetitle = '- ' . $module_name;
if (!isset($page)) {
   $page = '';
}
if (!isset($pa)) {
   $pa = '';

?>

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="400" height="320" id="utv990834"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/279579"/><embed flashvars="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed" width="400" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv990834" name="utv_n_949578" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/279579" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding:2px 0px 4px;width:400px;background:#FFFFFF;display:block;color:#000000;font-weight:normal;font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline;text-align:center;" target="_blank">Free TV Show from Ustream</a>

<?php
   echo '<p align="center">' . _GOBACK . '</p>';
   CloseTable();
   include_once('footer.php');
}
?>

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote

You aren't including header.php or calling OpenTable() to match what you did at the bottom of your file.

manoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Yeah after looking at other Module files I know its something to do with that.. I really am not good with PHP code when it come to writing... I will mess around with another Module file and try to get it to work Smile

almost there! Thanks for your help again people!

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote

You could use the content module for that purpose also. If you are using RN with the WYSIWYG editor, just put it in "source" mode and paste in your HTML.

manoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote

awesome! Thanks for that Gremmie!

manoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Content requires a block..
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I wanted the navigation link at awolgamers.com to AWOL TV to open a page with the live feeds in it.. How do I link to a page with the theme on it and the center content just those feeds?

I thought that if I linked to the link above it would display the HTML code I have but it links to an admin page.. I dont want this stuff on the homepage of the site..

hmm.. unless I am missing something obvious here.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Modified from your earlier code page (copyrights only removed to save space).
Code:

<?php
if (!defined('MODULE_FILE')) {
   die('You can\'t access this file directly...');
}
require_once('mainfile.php');
$module_name = basename(dirname(__FILE__));
get_lang($module_name);
$pagetitle = '- ' . $module_name;
if (!isset($page)) {
   $page = '';
}
if (!isset($pa)) {
   $pa = '';
require_once('header.php');
   OpenTable();
?>

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="400" height="320" id="utv990834"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/279579"/><embed flashvars="autoplay=false&amp;brand=embed" width="400" height="320" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv990834" name="utv_n_949578" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/279579" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding:2px 0px 4px;width:400px;background:#FFFFFF;display:block;color:#000000;font-weight:normal;font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline;text-align:center;" target="_blank">Free TV Show from Ustream</a>

<?php
   echo '<p align="center">' . _GOBACK . '</p>';
   CloseTable();
   include_once('footer.php');
}
?>

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote

Content does not require a block. Simply add a link to your new content page somewhere. I do this all the time. I add links to my main navigation block to content pages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic