Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
mikem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded the Sentinel™ package from here and here is what I got.

By the way. Kapersky Anti-Virus KICKS Akaching!!! Makes Norton and McAfee look like kids stuff Wink
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

GanjaUK
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Did you miss that big sticky topic right at the top of this forum? Wink [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

mikem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:52 pm Reply with quote

According to KAV there is a Virus Attached.
Are you discounting KAV?

A Trojan Virus is a Trojan Virus. Can you see the screenshot I posted?

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quote

I'd have to add its not the only application to give a false pos for AV scanners. 1st Page 2000 : Html Editor gives one very simular (or did the last time I downloaded it) for one of the included java script examples. Its a fairly common false positive.

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quote

GanjaUK wrote:
Did you miss that big sticky topic right at the top of this forum? Wink [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Read the thread I posted in my previous post. No need for 2 topics on the same thing, all the answers are in that post.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Mike,

There is no virus. And a trojan virus is NOT always a trojan virus as you state. I can't begin to tell you how many applications REQUIRE that you turn off your virus scanner before installing. We have certified this as no virus. KAV is one of the most notorious for false positives and that's documented. It's interesting how people want to be so forgiving for an anti-virus false positive but will go off the deep end because Sentinel(tm) or Fortress(tm) or Protector give off a false postive. I'm not saying that you are going off the deep end, it's just an expression. Fix-it, Mcafee, and most others, from what I have been told, have no problem with it. So, yes, I am discounting KAV Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Well Mike, I just saw your post at Nuke Cops. So much for all the bull you gave me in your PM's today. Rather than check with us FIRST you go and post crap like that. Thank you for showing your true colors. Do us a favor and stay off my site. You are no longer welcome here as you cannot be trusted.

Edited by Raven 6/3/2004: Mike has, of his own accord and choosing, modified the article at NC that started this. Thank you Mike for this. These things are not easy to do, especially when in the public's eye.

Last edited by Raven on Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total 
BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:25 pm Reply with quote

It's sad that someone posted that article, disabled comments, opened a thread to generate more traffic, and never seems to have bothered to read the bloody "Sticky Post" in this forum.

stephen2417
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Yes and this forum being the Offical Support Forum for Sentinel™

Why must Nukecops stoop so low..

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:28 pm Reply with quote

He totally ignored my post directing him to the sticky thread, and continued on to make something out of nothing.

corky
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quote

I've known Raven for a while, me and Bob have been talking alot lately, this two guys are the nicest people i've ever met, and they are to coolest, I downloaded it and had no problems, I have norton and avg, to great programs, why don't you stop trying to make there security program look bad, and go make another theme.

spcdata
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:52 pm Reply with quote

There is a positive thing with this, You get rid of all the small s**t (have no own life people) and never have to deal with them again.

But it's very very sad it has to go through this way.

Keep up the good work You all do for the true nuke community! I think You are one of the best working team out there! and I hope You will go on working togheter on other projects too.

Sentinel™ is the Security System we all been waiting for, Easy Fast Secure and the best Support out there and alot more!!!

Thank You!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Zhen-Xjell Removes my thread every time I post the link on NC to the OFFICIAL SENTINEL SUPPORT FORUM.

Quite disturbing that a site that claims to have the communities best interests at heart will stop you from reading the truth. They need to have all discussions on their home turf so they can twist the truth to their own benefit and go un challenged, if you bring up a good argument, then the thread will be locked and then removed the following day.

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

To: GanjaUK
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:36 pm
Subject: SPAM

If you post it a third time, you will be removed. The official support forum link has already been provided multiple times. Your posts are now SPAM. Consider this your warning.

squiresmk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Poor baby he is. How many times does he spam his pointless stats on his site that are basically generated by his forums? I bet the latest stat, at least 500 of those hits were mine for checking up all new posts on the site.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GanjaUK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Awww I'm banned now. Sad

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:39 pm Reply with quote

lmao maybe its for the best!

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote

My AV picked up ZoneAlarm as a trojan a couple of years back. Since then I've learnt to NOT have my AV on when I'm installing stuff on my computer. And I now use a different firewall. lol

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:21 pm Reply with quote

I have installed some MS fixes in the past that set off my virus program also. It is really quite ridiculous, for sure [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

speedx
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quote

How many people write scripts on NC paul? how many have teamed up and moved to a more mature level on ravens site 5? 6? I just thank all you guys for realizing his actions and for moving on.

foxyfemfem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote

I scanned the entire folder of sentinal, there was no virus found. Okay, maybe something was overlooked, taking another measurement, I decided to scan each file individually, still no virus found. I am using the latest version of McAfee with all the updated dat files. Still no virus. Um, the only AV product I trust is the one I use...McAfee. Therefore, if McAfee say the files are safe then in my book the files are safe. I cant go by what another product say, I can only go by the product I use for my computer.

Okay, I'm heading back to NC to continue reading the drama. This is better than watching Lifetime TV Laughing

stephen2417

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote

We all would like to take this time to thank mikem for more publicity of Sentinel™.
Who knows this could happen everytime a version is released. Mr. Green

xfsunolesphp
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote

foxyfemfem wrote:
I scanned the entire folder of sentinal, there was no virus found. Okay, maybe something was overlooked, taking another measurement, I decided to scan each file individually, still no virus found. I am using the latest version of McAfee with all the updated dat files. Still no virus. Um, the only AV product I trust is the one I use...McAfee. Therefore, if McAfee say the files are safe then in my book the files are safe. I cant go by what another product say, I can only go by the product I use for my computer.

Okay, I'm heading back to NC to continue reading the drama. This is better than watching Lifetime TV Laughing

what kind of Mcafee Product do you have? I using Mcafee Enterprise 7.0 with all updated DAT.

money

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Please Read: What is a trojan?

The user is the visitor here not the site owner. The code is downloaded and executed on his computer where it performs an unexpected malicious act against him. Thus Sentinel is indeed a trojan. Whether you want to accept this labeling for your script is not important. What is important is for users to know running this feature against other people is against the law in the US at the federal level as well as in several states.

Ref: United States Code, Title 18, Section 1030(a)(5)(A) as amended by The Patriot Act (http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/1030_new.html) says:
Quote:
§ 1030. Fraud and Related Activity in Connection with Computers

(a) Whoever
(5)
(A)
(i) knowingly causes the transmission of a program, information, code, or command, and as a result of such conduct, intentionally causes damage without authorization, to a protected computer;
(B) by conduct described in clause (i), (ii), or (iii) of subparagraph (A), caused (or, in the case of an attempted offense, would, if completed, have caused)--

(i) loss to 1 or more persons during any 1-year period (and, for purposes of an investigation, prosecution, or other proceeding brought by the United States only, loss resulting from a related course of conduct affecting 1 or more other protected computers) aggregating at least $5,000 in value;

** Note: any computer connected to the net falls under the term "protected computer" in this law.

Ref (example state law): Code of Virginia, Title 18.2, Section 152.4 (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-152.4) says:
Quote:
§ 18.2-152.4. Computer trespass; penalty.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to use a computer or computer network without authority and with the intent to:

1. Temporarily or permanently remove, halt, or otherwise disable any computer data, computer programs, or computer software from a computer or computer network;

2. Cause a computer to malfunction, regardless of how long the malfunction persists;
B. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of computer trespass, which offense shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor. If there is damage to the property of another valued at $2,500 or more caused by such person's malicious act in violation of this section, the offense shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony.

If the software triggers a reaction which causes a user's hard drive to crash, you just put yourself on the fast track of possibly becoming a convicted felon. It's not worth it folks. Once you release a script, you know very well causes maliciousness to another, you take on full responsibility for whatever it may cause.

Last edited by money on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total 
speedx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:39 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The code is downloaded and executed on his computer where it performs an unexpected malicious act against him. Thus Sentinel is indeed a trojan.
Money go back to school. If you read the posts you would understand what they are trying to say. They said NOW read carefully ok, that they used norton or other virus scanning program and did not find a trojan virus in the files. Also NO programs are downloaded to your computer when using sentinal. That is like saying your downloading a flash movie from macromedia and all of a sudden your computer locks up and you have to reboot. Are you going to sue macromedia? Well in the US nothing is impossible I guess Smile So please read the posts and dont jump in and think you know what they are talking about and post legal junk that has no affect on what we are talking about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic