Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
binhaus
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Hi ..
I'm loking for phpbbto nuke mod which can help admin can remove or dele
numbers of reply or topic posted to forums..
(the phpbb2 only allow delete one by one post only)

Recently my from have some guy spam post in it .. and it been long time i haven't check forums so the number of post is too many for delete one by one..

I have seach around but not find any script or patch is good

only one the folowing links is meet some requirement ( move all post or reply to other box of forum ) i have install it but not success , seem it need to be ported to phpbbnuke in right way..
Please help ..
Admin delete user with all postings [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

thanks for any help
------------------------------------------- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Check out the Comments module that is included with RavenNuke (not sure if you can download it separately).

binhaus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote

sorry.. for dub post Sad
and thanks for your advice but that comment module is not what i looking for..
my forum now some time have poster they post random posts to many box forums and also reply to other post and their content have promotion or spam somethings

usually i have suspend that user, ban the website links of spam in their post, and ban or detect some words they using, then at last have delete one by one posts or reply..
but few days later other member come up then do some thing similar ..

i'm managing so big forums 120,000 member and this may be a good place for some one registed then spam, promote their products, event post virus links...

i have found one mod for phpbb which good for this
MOD enables admin to delete all user topics in these ways:
## 1. Delete User only (his - her topics and posts stay on board)
## 2. Delete User started topics and posts (even those of other users) in them
## 3. Delete User and All his (her) postings from board
## All stats of forums, users and topics posts are resynced consecutively

but this one need to ported to phpnuke .. i have tryed many time but not success cause my limited knowledge .. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
hope you can modifi it then make it work with phpnuke with phpbb2

thanks very much

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote

If you delete his membership from the administration menu (admin.php), it will also delete all his posts in the forum and your problem will be solved. This is not made from Forum Administration.

binhaus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote

uhm in fact i have tried this but this method only delete user from user table ..
and all the post and reply still remain hiden on database ( even it now view able when viewing forums)..
notice i have only try with youraccount module
in the forum administrator i have tried search for that user name then go to his detail, tick on option box deleteuser [ delete this user ] at bottom of page, but can not remove this user any way ?? no ideal why..

please advice

slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quote

I always remove members via Edit Users in the Administration menu and it have always removed all forum posts of that member.

binhaus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote

have you check the database .. i have test remove user from ACP then go to phpmyadmin looking for posts from that user .. the post still there but only not view able on forums..

slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quote

Yes, i have done that many times and all forum posts from that user_id is gone. I think this is how it is supposed to work. If you remove the user only from nuke_users table and leave the forum posts left you can later get problems with pagination.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quote

Actually, the posts are still there, from what I can recall, its just the user_id on them is changed to something else. Maybe that "something else" is what keeps them from showing up in the actual forums?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quote

When you delete a user from Admin, all their posts remain in the forums. The users forum rank will change to "Guest".

You are probably going to have to come up with some SQL to do a mass delete like that.

slackervaara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Yes, you are absolutely right for PHP-Nuke 7.6 is it so now I have just checked, but when I used 7.2 all posts were deleted, when the user was deleted.

binhaus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie, thanks for confirm..
that why i looking for the mod which can acture delete all post from one user in one time

this script may be work but this one need to ported to phpnuke .. i have tryed many time but not success cause my limited knowledge .. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
and one can help me out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic