Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
JeRicHoOL
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible to remove modules. Such as "Authors and Articles", "Stories Archive", etc. ...
I don't need some of them and it is a bit annoying still having them on the site.

If yes, how can I do that?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote

You can remove some, but others are highly intertwined. The two you specifically mentioned I believe you can remove.

What I would recommend is saving off a copy of the files, remove it, test it and if everything seems "ok", you can leave it removed. But, keep those files around in case you need to upload them again. Wink

I would definitely keep Private Messages, Member List and Forums and I probably wouldn't get rid of News.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote

You might want to purchase this book: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which is a very good reference for phpnuke. RavenNuke(tm) started out life based on phpnuke v7.6. We have made over 15,000 code improvements/changes but this book will help you gain an overall understanding of the How To's that are not necessarily code dependent.

Also, take advantage of our online How To manual at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . Most operational issues are covered there Wink

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote

JeRicHoOL its just not worth to remove included modules and database tables because mostly you need also to remove the code lines from the mainfile.php, admin files etc..
otherwise you will get notices, warnings and sometimes errors.
For example I removed the calendar module completely in a previous version of RavenNuke and I thought its cool to remove all the rest of the other unused modules but there will be a next RavenNuke release and you need to merge your files.

JeRicHoOL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote

Ok. But I can deactivate them which is no problem.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote

You will find out if there is a problem on your site.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote

You can deactivate modules from the modules menu, which the same place where you activate modules. Deactivating modules should not cause a problem, they just won't appear in the menu.

JeRicHoOL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
You can deactivate modules from the modules menu, which the same place where you activate modules. Deactivating modules should not cause a problem, they just won't appear in the menu.

Yea, that's what I ment in my last post. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic