Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
zapco03

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote

I just installed RavenNuke[tm] Version 2.20.01 Released

Everything looks good but the security code doesn't seem to be showing correctly and I think this is causing the page to always be in the "Loading" state. Is this a known problem?

Question

zapco03

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Maybe this can help find the answer

For some reason the url to the image that is suppose to be on the front page says
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

What would cause this?

I have phpmysql updated the config table to use both [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and upgrade.mydomain.com. Neither fixed this issue.

JeRicHoOL
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote

In your first link it says that the "ravennuke76s.png" is missing. Maybe that's the problem?!

I checked mine and I have it. Check the RavenNuke folder you have downloaded here or wherever and go to /images/ravennuke76 and copy the "ravennuke76s.png" to the same path in your FTP client. If you don't have this file in your folder you have downloaded then I'll upload it now just in case you don't got this file.

EDIT: Heres the picture that is missing.

zapco03

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote

No, the pic was there. I brain farted and forgot that after the installation the new story was static and no matter what I would have to manually update the news story to fix it. I assume when you guys asked for site url you did not want [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in front and that is what caused that image to break.

The issue is with the gfx check. I was able to get past it by setting the $gfx_chk = 0 but I want to have the security measure in place (I am upgrading for security concerns).

I checked the url to my old site and noticed one works and one does not.

RN v2.20 uses /images/captcha.php?size=normal which doesn't seem to work

My old site used /modules.php?gfx=gfx&random_num=######
which did work

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote

The captcha has changed in the newer versions, which is why you will see a different URL when compared to older versions.

There are a number of posts discussing other problems and solutions to these. Please do a search first and if you do not find an answer post again.

One of the problems could be that you server has not had PHP built with Freetype support.

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote

Thank you. I will check into this and re-post if I can't find a solution.

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote

array(11) { ["GD Version"]=> string(27) "bundled (2.0.28 compatible)" ["FreeType Support"]=> bool(true) ["FreeType Linkage"]=> string(13) "with freetype" ["T1Lib Support"]=> bool(false) ["GIF Read Support"]=> bool(true) ["GIF Create Support"]=> bool(true) ["JPG Support"]=> bool(true) ["PNG Support"]=> bool(true) ["WBMP Support"]=> bool(true) ["XBM Support"]=> bool(true) ["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=> bool(false) }

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Seems I have FreeType Support. I'll look for other solutions.

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote

Reading the FAQ didn't help. This issue was around right after install (meaning I hadn't touched any file to add a blank space or line.

ยท My security code shows a big red X or just the text label

First of all, make sure that you do NOT have the Your Account Module set for Registered Users Only, as it is then impossible to ever register!

Make sure you have the GD package installed. Save this script to a file and call it phpinfo.php
and then run it. That will show whether you have GD installed.

Assuming you have the GD package installed, the most often cause is a blank space/line either before or after the php tags in your config.php, one of your language files, theme file, or some other include file. This is usually the result of using Notepad or Wordpad. You need to use a better programmer's editor like Textpad.

Any further help is appreciated.

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote

Following

I tried running

directly.

No errors. Just hangs.

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quote

Just traced the code in captcha.php to the final line where it gets stuck in the loop.

The line it calles has

"$oVisualCaptcha->Create();"

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote

Found this

Since I used filezilla to I thought maybe there was an error uploading the fonts. There wasn't. Everything is up.

zapco03

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote

Ok, I have tried everything I could find. Still need help. Any support is appreciated. My upgrade is on hold until I resolve this.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I can see that you have researched it w/o success. 99% of the time the dreaded red x issue is because notepad or wordpad was used to edit files and there are one or more blanks or funky characters in the file. The second most often cause is that files were transferred as ASCII instead of BINARY. All files should be transferred as BINARY. Are either of these 2 options a possibility?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote

Oh Zapco, thank you. I have been going nuts with captcha on one of my sites (fsgtroy.org, Raven Smile ) for days. I tried everything. I have compared and reuploaded files until I am sick. No joy. I can run other sites on the same server with captcha fine. I tried some diagnostic statements in the code but of course they interfere with the proper running of captcha. Then I saw the suggestion to just run captcha.php directly.

When I do I get:

Quote:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_2b1aba995762104e70a99e45cb0d54cd, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/html/includes/class.php-captcha.php on line 48

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/html/includes/class.php-captcha.php:4Cool in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/html/includes/class.php-captcha.php on line 48

Line 48 of php-captcha is:

Code:
   // start a PHP session - this class uses sessions to store the generated

// code. Comment out if you are calling already from your application
   if (session_id()=='') session_start();

so there has to be some kind of problem with the session support or permissions I think?

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote

humm ... in phpinfo the session.save_path for the one that works is "no value". For the site that doesn't work it is /tmp. But no, a third site that works has /tmp ... Help Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote

Frank, "no value" actually defaults to "/tmp". I am looking into the error message and will get back to you. I don't remember you telling me about the session warning.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote

Frank, try this as an alternative while I continue looking into it. In your php.ini file add this directive:

session.save_path=/home/xxxxx/pbulic_html/tmp/

Change the permissions on /tmp (or whatever you want to call it) to 600. If 600 doesn't work then try 640.

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quote

I don't have a php ini on your servers do I. At any rate this is not time critical. I was just screaming a big HELP because I had exhausted anything I could think of doing under my own powers. If captcha.php run independently of RN produces a graphic image on one site and not on another I'm not sure what else a user can do.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote

You just need to create a file called php.ini Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic