Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
manoe
Client

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote

Hello,

has anyone ever tried to bring over the total page views and users from an existing site to a new install? Are these simply stored in a sql table? Same with a Unique visitors counter I have on the current website.

Any help on getting that info onto the new site so we arent starting over would be great Smile

Thanks!

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote

Yes, this is done all the time, but usually they bring over more than just those things. What is your old site and what is your new site? PHP-Nuke to RavenNuke? There are guidelines in the RavenNuke instructions for converting.

manoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quote

Good morning Gremmie!

This is RavenNuke to RavenNuke. I have transfered everything else from database to database already.

I tried doing some searches in the forums but I found nothing. I guess I am searching with the wrong phrases.?.

If you could toss a link or let me know where I can find this information I would greatly appreciate it!!!

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote

If you are going from RN to RN you should be able to just export the relevant information from one database and import it into the new database, as the database structures should match. I am assuming these are the same versions of RN?

manoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote

yes, I just do not know what the table is called to export for the pageviews and the unique visitors.. Will the block tell me what table they are stored in?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Maybe the table nuke_counter?

manoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie, I exported nuke_counter.sql which contains the correct number of hits that the current site displays. I then emptied the new sites table of the same name and then imported the .sql file above and it imported successfully. When I hit the homepage the site info v2.2.2 still displays the NEW hits and not the 500k that the exported table should have shown.

Am I doing something wrong?

*Update: I have tried and tried again and the data in that table is correct if I look at it in phpMyAdmin. 509,xxx hits. But the block that I listed above Site Info v2.2.2 is still showing the 1, 000 hits on the new site. I really need any help I can get here. Something has to just not be right here. Everything seems to be in the right place. Just the number on the block is not changing.

Tom

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote

Try clearing your cache etc.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote

Well look at the source code for the block and see what table it is using to display that info.

manoe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote

well from what I can gather it looks like it is pulling from stats_year. There is a yesterday, today and stats_year..

I see nothing for that counter table. But something just cleared up for me in my head.

Let me test it.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote

nuke_stats_year I believe is the table you will need to export and import to your new database.

manoe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote

yup. I figured that one out. I totally thank you guys here at Ravens. You mods know your shiznit and are so quick to jump in and help out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic