Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
mercman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quote

Raven, I just wanted to give you a 'heads up'.
Some strange stuff happening with your Site Info v2.2.2 block and this new release.
When entering the site nomally (ie. http://www.merc-man.net/html) the block looks normal (see it on lower left).
But when entering the site less the www (ie. http://merc-man.net/html) the block balloons to double it's normal width.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote

mercman, I have tried it both with IE and FF and am not seeing anything different.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quote

I concur and I have not experienced this on my sites.

Can you confirm what browser you are using?

mercman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote

I'm using IE7, MS patched up to date.

Edit:
This morning it's not doing it for me either.
Wow... what a trip. Smile

Sorry guys, false alarm I guess. Embarassed

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote

Glad it's working. Very Happy

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote

I have found that when that happens to me it's almost always a caching issue. Flush your cache and close all browser sessions. Then try it again.

unwired
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote

It happened to me once. I am building my new site from my local machine using FF, then I tried to check in IE i got that. What I did was what sir Raven said..flush the cache...Smile

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote

Heya, first off great job on this block Cool
I was looking for a 'Who's online' -block that links to the forum profiles and is able to instant PM for ages.

I did notice a small 'bug' on 1 of the alt-texts;

as you can see the username is missing, i was able to fix this quite easliy by just copying the part from the online users section.
Dont know if this was already fixed or mentioned before?

I also made a minor change to the postcount, cause i thought it would be nice to show the postcount when someone has zero (0) posts as well.

Being a phpnoob a managed to cook up this

Code:

if ($posts>0) {
   $content .= '<center><b>'.intval($posts).'</b> Post(s)</center>'."<hr />\n";
    }
    else {
   $hr = "\n".'<center><b>0</b> Post(s)</center><hr />'."\n";
   $content .= $hr;
    }

Very simple Embarassed but it works Very Happy (I know that the $hr isnt very clean, i just copied it from somewhere at the bottom).

And if you wondered why that <hr /> is there, thats because i made a couple of lay-out changes. My block looks like;

(Blocked out some irrelevant stuff ^^ )
I also updated all icons, based on and editted versions from famfamfam.com's silk iconset.
Choose to do them in .gif (instead of png) because a lot of our users still use those crappy old IE versions Rolling Eyes

Just wanted to share it. If anyone is interested in those icons let me know Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quote

Please try the profile mouse over on my site and at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I show they both work so if you don't then it may be a browser issue. Let me know. Thanks.

Just a comment on pngs vs gifs and the underlying issue(s) exemplified by such. Most of us really have given up on those kinds of issues. Those browsers are so outdated that they can't use very much of today's Internet anyway.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Same problem but only with the 'Latest User' (like shown on the pic).

With;
- Firefox 2.0.0.11
- Opera 9.23
- IE7

And i got this while registering btw;
Code:
Notice: Use of undefined constant _ACCOUNTCREATED - assumed '_ACCOUNTCREATED' in /home/ravennuk/public_html/modules/Your_Account/index.php on line 376

_ACCOUNTCREATED

Welcome! You are now registered as a member.

Your request for a new account has been processed. You'll receive an email in the next few seconds with a activation link that should be visited in the next 24 hours to be able to activate your account.

Thank you for registering at RavenNuke v2.20.00!

But my account was created anyway.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote

That advisory message is telling you that the CONSTANT _ACCOUNTCREATED (a text string) has not been declared before being used. Thanks for letting us know.

I will also fix the latest user issue - thanks!

BTW, how's the manual coming along Wink?

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote

No problem, glad i could help Smile

Hmm the manual... Rolling Eyes First need to gather some info and come up with a nice outline Cool

sam1el

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote

I am having a small issue with the image for the title of this block not showing its the only one on the site I am having an issue with and I cant seem where to find a way to edit it in any of the files I have tried. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it works properly in FF but in IE it doesnt show at all.

wHiTeHaT
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote

sam1el wrote:
I am having a small issue with the image for the title of this block not showing its the only one on the site I am having an issue with and I cant seem where to find a way to edit it in any of the files I have tried. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it works properly in FF but in IE it doesnt show at all.

Call your block siteinfo and name the image you use for it : siteinfo.gif then it should work.

sam1el

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote

wHiTeHaT wrote:
sam1el wrote:

Call your block siteinfo and name the image you use for it : siteinfo.gif then it should work.

was hoping this would work but alas still the same issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic