Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote

As announced in this news story mReviews is being enhanced/rewritten. The author has asked that all requests for new features/changes be posted here. Here's your chance to make this mod what you want/need it to be Wink

salman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quote

sorry it's a very old topic, but was it that good to deserve a thread after a news story?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quote

Interesting user name, salman. Are you no longer sad? Wink

Raven posted the story that SadSalman submitted, but may have thought having a forums post might draw more attention to the request.

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:39 am Reply with quote

The linked forum is dead btw ^^

Quote:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

salman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 am Reply with quote

kguske, hah actually it was supposed to be s.a.dSalman some abbreviation I came up when first time had to chose a nick in 98 and there was this 9 character limit on Undernet server's back then -- then never thought about changing it Razz

warren-the-ape, yes the forums were taken off in favor of a better thal community residing at thal-pal.com. (my focus was always my thal-awareness-program maybe that explains why thal-pal and not some nuke community Smile)

I have resumed development of MReviews though (and yes that's how I spell it, M was short for mindl3ss which is my nick at NC)

I have based it on NukeNC7.6 (I am so confused with all these different versions now :d) and thinking to make it work on RN too..

Here is a fully functional demo: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

-Salman

salman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote

here is a fully functional demo on RavenNuke latest version: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

*feels good*

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Just tried it and it says
Quote:
Hi,
Sorry -- I know you must be looking for MReviews but you cannot see it without installing it first.

Click here to install it.

OR

If you have already installed it then please delete install.php from modules/mreviews/ folder.

Thanks,
-Salman

salman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote

yep was testing the installer -- try now

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Cheers

salman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote

I will be updating the archive tomorrow ;d you can read the changes at the discussion forum I mentioned Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:09 am Reply with quote

salman, do you happen to know if there is a conversion script somewhere to take data from a *nuke Reviews module to mReviews?

My apologies up front for my ignorance of mReviews. Your demo/test site above is the first time that I have ever seen this... Embarassed

salman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote

not yet, but I will be working on it soon montego Smile
I will be posting an update today -- some code-cleanup, some unnecessary stuff removed.. some functionality improved etc etc.. ;d

salman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] updated with v0.1

salman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote

hey guys..

I really need some input Smile
How is the code, did anyone tested it on other platforms?
did you find any bugs?
should I go ahead with more changes?

-Salman

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote

I'm very interested, but just haven't had time to look at it. Looks like it will be a week or 2 before I can.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Same here. We are in the process of locking down our code for our v2.30.00 release and time will not allow a review just now Sad

salman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote

okay.. then I will wait for that Smile
I don't want to start adding new functions until I know that current setup is fine ;d

-Salman

salman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote

do let me know whenever someone tests it Smile

benny_tllh
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote

I have tried it but have no security experience (i only use on intranet)

1: U define hight and width in thumbs making them distorded, i removed width i a few places and now it works/looks fine, but a simple call to getimagesize php function would be better to calculate if the image is portrait or landscape. (mine are portrait only dvd covers.)
2: Install didnt work even in the fixed pack had to import.
3: i hated the klick and view approach, and found this great tooltip script [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it takes 3 files in include dir, 1 line in bottom of header.php. (script load) then u can use onmouseover=\"Tip('*HTML CODE*') anywhere on the site (some fancy options excists see link). I like images on my site, buy they must not be to big so this is very cool and with the delay option it wont destroy site with tooltips. (helps with trying to make scroll free sites or as little scroll as possible)
4: as a very lacy admin, i prefer links to edit when checking revievs.
5: For my use, i would have admin only to write and request revievs. And i will replace search, request and write review with the searchboxes (defaulting reviev title and contents). Could be a simple "filter" titles box if im lacy where it filters out every title where word don't exists in the database call.
6: and in listing revievs, sort by title, or make it possible to change sort collum.
7: looks kind of stupid, with "site" Reviews in text and then next Reviews logo. Will remove the text anywhere.

I realy like it, tried a few and this one fitted my purpose best because of the thumbs. (dvd archive)

And the tooltip could be made standard in ravenphpnuke, it helps a lot and is very easy compared to other scripts i have used. (if its allowed he claims LGPL license but no info what that covers)

espresso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote

installed mreviews module, i have a small theater and this module looks like what i've looked for for over a year, but when I installed and tested, it is conflicting for some reason with Nuke Treasury, after you enter a review anything you type into the content textarea comes back with code from the treasury (donations) module instead of what was typed. If i remove my treasury module it worked until I went to read the review, then instead of the content it puts the Survey module poll into the review 3 times. Thoughts/Suggestions on what I could change/do to maybe get this working, would love to finally have movie reviews on my site.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote

Unless you have modified your treasury module, it won't work in RN2.3
I'm just about to d/l mReviews and take a look. I won't have time to install it but I may be able to spot something obvious.

pan
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote

SO MANY BUGS.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Fix them and it will be awesome Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic