Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
ukscene

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quote

Dear Raven, Team & Co,

Off topic - My old username on here is Joe UKS but I was getting 406 errors when trying to log in....?

Anyway.... hopefully someone can help? For no apparent reason we are getting a white screen on our phpnuke V7, Chatserv patched with Sentinel. The site has been working fine for years, we havn't made any mods or changed any settings. Theres no evidence of hacking.

I can log into the admin functions and users who are not logged in can see our site and browse it. The problem only occurs when you try to log in - it goes to a white screen and hangs for me at URL:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I've checked the latest posts, comments etc for any malicious code - but there is nothing to find. I've checked the server logs and can not find anything unusual. I've replaced all the home files, the admin files, modules Your Account and Forum files.... it's still not working.

Please can someone advise....?

Also just out of interest, can you tell me how much it would cost for you to update our site to the latest RN, and convert our SQL across to it..?

Many Thanks,
Joe

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote

Set config error to true optimize and repair your data base. What NukeSentinel version is it. There was a problem with the scrolling block of NS a time ago.Maybe thats your problem don´t know.Normally every thing has a reason. Smile
Sorry I don´t have time to update other sites. Maybe post in the for hire forum.

ukscene

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote

Thanks for responding!

I've tried those but they haven't worked. I've also set my error messaging to 1 in config - but it doesn't show up any errors - just a white screen........

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote

My users couldn´t logged in for 3 days because I had an error in nuke session table.
I had to repair and optimize this several times before it worked again.
I guess its something with your database. What about a backup ?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote

You should set $display_errors to TRUE, not 1.

Try this and hopefully you should see some error messages.

ukscene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your response!!

Unfortunately I still can't see any error messages. The only messages I can get are in my C Panel error log which say premature end of script headers for modules.php and index.php Neutral

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:13 am Reply with quote

There are different reasons for like Chmod for folder or file is wrong, something with BOM or you uploaded in the wrong modus with your editor.
So check your files modules.php and index.php again.
 if thats at the beginning of your file just delete it.
755 for folders and 644 for files.
Should be easy to fix.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 am Reply with quote

ukscene wrote:
my C Panel error log which say premature end of script headers for modules.php and index.php Neutral

Well, I believe that is indicating a database error or parse error (most likely database). Have you tried what Susann suggested with the DB repair several times? You may want to check if your host can see anything amiss within the MySQL logs.

ukscene

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:15 am Reply with quote

Hi,

First of all thankyou to everyone for your help!! We've managed to resolve it.

I switched the phpini to E_ALL to show everything including minor bug notices. Then someone helping me kindly noticed that our error log was 2GB. After emptying the error log of the 2GB - all the php error notices showed up and the white screen dissapeared. It turns out we have always been running with a lot of minor php errors which havn't affected the running of the site.

Think it's now time to upgrade or redesign the site. Smile

Thanks again!!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote

ukscene, we can certainly attest to that. Stock PHP-Nuke comes with over 10,000 such PHP warnings, bugs and compliance issues. Most of which we have already cleaned up in RavenNuke, which also helps to make it so much faster...

I would definitely strongly consider migrating to RN...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic