Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
swarm

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote

Hello,

The issue I am having is that the fonts for different tags (Quote, Code, List, URL, etc) are all different sizes and colors. The URL font is extremely small and hard to read, like so:

I am using the subSilver theme, so I went to the ACP and under Styles, I looked through the different options and found where I can change the text colors, but not the font sizes.

So, I thought it might be the CSS file, so I took a look at subSilver.css, but I am afraid to start changing things when I don't know what I am doing. Very Happy

To further complicate the problem, when viewing the Topic Review, the text color and background color are almost identical, so you can't see the text. I am clueless about where to go to change that setting.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Sorry for my noobliness.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote

CSS is the answer - and the future. It isn't difficult to learn, and there are many references available.

swarm

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote

OK. Thanks.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Are you sure you are using the Subsilver theme in forums? It sure doesn't look like it in the screen shot you captured. What Nuke theme are you using ... there are several that have corresponding Forum themes and they will be picked up automatically and used in Forums, but if you have a theme that doesn't have a Forum theme you will default back to subsilver. I'm wondering if you might have a Nuke theme with a Forum theme that's a bit odd and that's causing your problem?

swarm

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Are you sure you are using the Subsilver theme in forums? It sure doesn't look like it in the screen shot you captured. What Nuke theme are you using ... there are several that have corresponding Forum themes and they will be picked up automatically and used in Forums, but if you have a theme that doesn't have a Forum theme you will default back to subsilver. I'm wondering if you might have a Nuke theme with a Forum theme that's a bit odd and that's causing your problem?

Well, now that you mention it, I not totally sure. My partner set this all up initially, so I got involved after the fact. The only folder that is in the "Themes" folder is "Hitech".

If I check the General Admin configuration menu in the ACP, it says that subSilver is the default style. Is it possible that there is something hosed up and the subSilver stuff is being overridden by something else?

I downloaded the subSilver.Css file and I can see all the color codes, I just don't see anything that intuitively points me to the fonts I am concerned with.

Our site is:

http://projectphi.net

if you would like to see if that looks like subSilver to you.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Most likely your hitech theme has a forums directory beneath it and that's where the screw up lies. Not sure what distribution you are running but you might want to try RN and get the fisubice theme with its own Forums directory. Use fisubice and lost hitech. Or get whoever did hitech to fix it.

Subsilver will only take over where there is no forums directory under your theme. You could try renaming /hitech/forums assuming it exists and it should default back to subsilver, but then again as IBM used to say "results can be unpredictable".

swarm

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Most likely your hitech theme has a forums directory beneath it and that's where the screw up lies. Not sure what distribution you are running but you might want to try RN and get the fisubice theme with its own Forums directory. Use fisubice and lost hitech. Or get whoever did hitech to fix it.

Subsilver will only take over where there is no forums directory under your theme. You could try renaming /hitech/forums assuming it exists and it should default back to subsilver, but then again as IBM used to say "results can be unpredictable".

There is, in fact, an empty Forums directory with no files in it, in the Hitech directory. There is also an Images and Style directory as well.

Is that enough to mess it up?

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote

I forget the exact mechanism where it checks to see if there is a specific Forum theme to correspond to your Nuke theme. It's documented somewhere here in the Forums I'm sure or you could try deleting it .. or just get the fisubice theme and use it.

swarm

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote

OK. Thanks for your help. I will continue the search and see what I can come up with. I appreciate your time.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote

Swarm, a couple of things.

* If you are using RavenNuke(tm) then you need to restore the footers/credits.

* I have attempted to respond to your email and your mail server is rejecting my email with the following message:

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
Diagnostic code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Forbidden for policy reasons

swarm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Swarm, a couple of things.

* If you are using RavenNuke(tm) then you need to restore the footers/credits.

I will take a look at that.

Raven wrote:
* I have attempted to respond to your email and your mail server is rejecting my email with the following message:

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
Diagnostic code: smtp;554 5.7.1 Forbidden for policy reasons

Hmm...I am not sure what the deal is there...I can PM you a different email address....thanks for the response...

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote

Please PM a different email address.

swarm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Please PM a different email address.

PM sent...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic