Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
corpse
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I just installed RavenNuke 2.20.01 on a buddies site, Uploaded the files and followed the instructions, that went well, got sentinel set up and working. But now when it comes down to adding blocks, well look at the image.

CLICK HERE

Any idea's on whats going on and how to fix this. Its strange this is happening on a new install that has no other addons just yet except for the donations module I got from this site and 1 theme.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:33 am Reply with quote

And what happens when you click the link in the image that says "Fix block weight conflicts"?

corpse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:30 am Reply with quote

ROFL, I didn't even see that.

Whats the point of that feature? Having the blocks get out of wack like that?

Also, anyone know why I would have to refresh after I selecct the block to move up in weight, like I click up on a block, the screen refreshes, and nothing happens, so i have to manually refresh the screen befor i would see anything actually move.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:50 am Reply with quote

That's a side effect of the caching added in ther last RN release (see the htaccess file).
We force a number of things to be cached by the users browser to speed up page load time for your users/visitors. Personally I consider the side effect as no more than a minor inconvenience compared to the improvement/benefit it gives the visitors/users of my site but that's just my own personal opinion especially when most people do not fiddle with their block ordering on a daily basis or enough for it to be a real inconvenince.
With that said, I believe in the next version we have altered the default nuke behaviour of
change block position-> wait -> change block position-> wait
so you can actually set all the ordering in one go instead of one change at a time.

Sometimes the data is not sent to the database correctly if you navigate away from the page or refresh the page manually before it has completed it update cycle or more than one admin is altering the blocks ordering at the same time and this can cause conflicts with the block ordering so that's why the 'fix conflict' feature is there.

corpse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:52 am Reply with quote

ah okay, thanks for the input.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote

I can confirm what Guardian said. Assuming that no fatal bugs are found during final testing, there will be a new blocks ordering process in the next release. You'll just put in a numeric value for the order you want for center, center down, left and right block areas and you will be able to do the whole web page with a single set of entries and one refresh. It won't be possible to create a conflict either (hummm except maybe like what Guardian said if you had two admins doing block ordering at the same time). I didn't test that but you'll probably just have to get the two admins together and figure out how you want the web page to work. There can only be one ordering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic