Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
webbi
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Is there a working work around for those of us running CNB Your Account 4.4.0; as attempting to install NS comes to a quick halt on editing the first file (modules/Your Account/index.php).

I do not wish to NOT use CNB, as it is perfect for our particular setup.

Suggestions?? Comments??

Note: PHP-Nuke v7.5 Patched 3.3

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote

I use CNB 4.4.2 with no problems, though it may have been modified. What happens?

webbi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Nothing happens... cuz I am unable to locate the statements listed in the FIND section for any of the code changes. Since I am using CNB, it does not use standard Nuke code... it has its own code it uses.

So I need to know if there is a work around on editing the needed code, etc.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote

I see. You're trying to follow the instructions for NS to modify files. I haven't reviewed it recently, but if I remember correctly, the required changes for Your Account were due to a flaw in Your Account security. Since that flaw didn't existing in CNBYA, you might be able to skip that step in the installation.

Have you tried it? Were the other installation steps completed?

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote

Once again, can only get so far:

admin.php & header.php files can be modified.

mainfile.php can not be modified, as once again the code being asked to locate does not exsist.

This is really becoming more of a pain than it is worth; I might be better off to just use htaccess files instead.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by using htaccess files, but remember that CNBYA 4.4.0 is several years old (of course, so is 7.5). Many things can change - especially security - in a few months, let alone several years.

For example, we are developing a new YA module (RNYA), based on CNBYA 4.4.2, for use with RavenNuke 2.3.0, which is scheduled to be released in August. If you are able to switch to RavenNuke, you will be able to upgrade from previous versions to the next and get great support.

It's very difficult to support specific versions of Nuke, especially old versions. That said, my own site is running a patched 7.5 version with the current version of Nuke Sentinel. Is there a reason why want NS 2.5.14, instead of the latest version?

As for mainfile, that edit isn't related to CNBYA - it has to do with your version of Nuke. Since my 7.5 site works, I can probably make the required changes for your mainfile.php if you make it available as a download or email it to me.

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote

htaccess files are ussed by Linux servers to control access points.

Yes, 7,5 is old... though it was the most stable and most bug free version created to date... which is why I am still using it.

If RN is stable and permits me to use the same theme, as well as all the custom code we have now... I would consider changing. I will downloiad it and load it to my test site for review.

lol Yes I know mainfile is not related to CNB; I skipped all edits directed to Your Account module.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote

htaccess can be used for a lot more than controlling access points, and NukeSentinel does a lot more than control access points. I would not consider them to be interchangeable.

Your theme should work with RN, unless you've made forum mods. Not sure what custom code you have, but if they are addon modules, they should work.

webbi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote

I did download RN, just waiting for the sub-domain I created to actually activate itself so I can start playing with it and see how things are.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic