Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> nukeSEO
bugsy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote

Hi,
I have installed RN2.2 in a site and I have seen that the includes folder already has a folder called nukeseo. But nothing else is there in the modules directory or any other folder. So how do i get nukeseo going?

Do I have to download the nukeseo module from nukeseo.com and install manually in RN2.2?

I also saw simplepie in includes folder but nothings in module again...

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote

Simplepie is in the Addons folder of your download. Not sure on the nukeseo, since I have not used that as of yet.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote

nukeSEO hasn't been integrated (yet) into RN, though we are working on it. The nukeSEO folder is used with other nukeSEO products, starting with nukeFEED, which is integrated in RN already.

You can use nukeSEO with RN, but you'll need to delete your includes/meta.php file, and copy the includes/meta2.php included with nukeSEO to includes/meta.php. We're working on a new version for integration with RN and many significant improvements.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote

Also, simplepie is a class used by the nukePIE addon. It's not a module, but it replaces the standard Nuke block feed reader, so you can read feeds in modern formats, not just RSS 0.91. To use it in RN, simply create an RSS / feed block in your blocks administration.

We are also integrating nukePIE into the feed reader that is part of the enhance Your Account module - now called RNYA.

bugsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:26 am Reply with quote

Ok I get it..so for this one I need to install it manually like before. I have already used it once in my older phpnuke 7.0 site so was quite surprised to see the nukeseo in the includes folder in RN2.2 and wondered where did module and all that go! I was under the impression its pre installed Smile

Here I will like to add one more question may be I will find out after installing the module..that is...a year back or so when i first integrated the nukeseo in my nuke7.0 site one thing I realised then is the site map that went to google were not tapped and the links were different from my GTapped links - I am just wondering if the issue still persists or now one can tap the xml sitemap with TegoShortLinks in this case...

Basically I am interested to send same links to google search (sitemap) that my visitors visit in the site...

I guess nukeseo if pre-installed will be a great enhancement to any nuke specially with the dynamic sitemap feature.

bugsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 am Reply with quote

One more thing in RN2.2 meta is written as
Code:
$metastring .= '<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="'.$slogan.'" />';
and in nukeseo meta2 is written as
Code:
echo "<META NAME=\"DESCRIPTION\" CONTENT=\"$slogan\">\n";
...will it not hamper security anyway?

What if i keep the present RN meta.php and upload meta2.php side by side? Actually I am more interested in the dynamic Sitemap than changing the keywords as per density as it can be done with research also in the PC end...what I can guess I will not be able to execute the change keywords function...will the analysis work?

I am yet to install it though..

I also saw this
Quote:
NOTE: nukeSEO requires the MODULE_FILE and ADMIN_FILE definitions used in the
latest Patches from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to prevent direct access.

a) I guess RN2.2 already has the patch?

b) And I am also working on my older 7.0 upgraded to 7.6 patched 3.3 site side by side with the RN2.2 - so in the case of 7.6 patched 3.3 will the MODULE_FILE and ADMIN_FILE definitions be already there?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quote

bugsy, whoa there! Too many questions in one shot. Laughing

Quote:

I am just wondering if the issue still persists or now one can tap the xml sitemap with TegoShortLinks in this case...

I believe that I gave kguske my code to make this work. I cannot recall if it is in a separate "add-on" or just included atm. Mine works perfectly as you have described. The SiteMap, both Google and HTML, links will match those within RN.

Quote:

..will it not hamper security anyway?

No. Not sure about your other meta question although I would suspect that following kguske's advice would always be a good idea. Wink

a) Yes.

b) Yes.

bugsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote

I have installed it in both the sites and these are the results...

In RN2.2
To a normal visitor the links showing something like..
Code:
article194.html?mode=&order=0&thold=0

and in google's xml its showing like
Code:
.php?name=News&file=article&sid=194&mode=&order=0&thold=0

So it is not getting tapped properly - what do I have to add then and from where is it available any suggestions? I am having a go at searching nukeseo.com on the same..

Pl note: I am hiding the sitemap in the main menu though it can be directly accessed to people who knows the url (i keep getting hack attempts on the sitemap so thought why disclose)

As for the case in 7.6 patched 3.3
Page is not loading fully - you can see it here
http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap

what is happening is browser is stopping to load after reaching the word Sitemap: it can be its is trying to load 26000 urls so getting time out. I will check in Google account if its getting downloaded properly but it will take a day or two i guess - depends on their crawl.

Pl note: In this case too I am hiding the sitemap in the main menu though it can be directly accessed to people who knows the url

bugsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote

Well I will update this...

I have started using one GT-Sitemap.php that I had in my old 7.0 have uploaded it in RN2.2's Short Links folder after that
Code:
article194.html?mode=&order=0&thold=0
is coming as article194.html.

This is the script
Code:
<?php

$urlin = array(
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Forums&amp;file=viewtopic&amp;t=([0-9]*)&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=([0-9]*)&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=getit&amp;lid=([0-9]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Surveys&amp;op=results&amp;pollID=([0-9]*)'"
);

$urlout = array(
"ftopict-\\1.html",
"article\\1.html",
"download-file-\\1.html",
"survey-results-\\1.html"
);
?>

I hope this is ok...but in google xml its not tapped..may be because the tapping rules are from GTap Next Gen as far as I can remember and not from ShortLinks...

So basically the problem with xml tapping in both R2.2 and 7.6 and in 7.6 sitemap not loading in browser remains..

bugsy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote

I noticed another funny development - I do not know is it because i tried a few versions of sitemap.php in the ShortLinks folder of RN2.2 - but what has happened is in the "Most Read Articles of the Day" and "Old Headlines" block - the links are now coming as "article-190-thread-0-0.html" ! instead of "article190.html" any ideas?

What I am going to do is remove the sitemap.php and upload all the files again in ShortLinks folder - just in case... I have not touched the .htaccess rule at all!

In RN2.2 I am yet to hit upon ShortLinks rules for sitemap.php and some addon for tapping the xml sitemap.

In 7.6 yet to figure out what exactly is happening with the sitemap and why is it not loading - but what I can mention here is 7.6 patched 3.3 has been recently updated from 7.0 and nukeseo module has been reinstalled..but problem is there

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quote

bugsy, I thought kguske provided the ShortLinks mods and tap, but I am now thinking that I had confused that with nukeFEED. See if this thread in my ShortLinks forums helps:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This is what I am using on my site and you can see that its working just fine.

bugsy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote

Ya its Cool thanks... Smile just implemented it in the RN2.2 site and it is now tapping it properly - I guess you guys can pre pack the g-tapped nukeseo into future versions of RN.

One more thing...
Quote:
I noticed another funny development - I do not know is it because i tried a few versions of sitemap.php in the ShortLinks folder of RN2.2 - but what has happened is in the "Most Read Articles of the Day" and "Old Headlines" block - the links are now coming as "article-190-thread-0-0.html" ! instead of "article190.html" any ideas?

...is this natural?

The problem of sitemap not loading is still there in the 7.6 site will reinstall once and see what is happening - I hope that will cure it.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Yes, those links are tapped based on how the block has created the links. Article links can also having the threading options built into them which is what you are seeing. Although it doesn't make much sense from a search engine bot standpoint, it does have meaning for the end user.

I have just never had time to go back and investigate what would happen to a user's threading options if just the article190.html was used. Personally, I think having the threading options on the URL string is a terrible idea, but, *nuke wasn't created with SEO in mind... we deal with what we have until we change it I guess.

bugsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quote

Well I guess to a normal visitor also if he wants to link to a particular story or wants to remember one article's location - its better to have a central architecture I guess.

Meanwhile the good news is that the sitemap of the 7.6 p3.3 is also loading now! I had this hunch that it had to do with my server load limitation or something so wrote to my host and got it cleared. They said its taking too much memory or something - it will as its indexing over 26000 urls i guess!.

This gives me a simple thought - why not you guys make nukeseo in such a way so that..

a) Users can control how many urls they want from each module to be there
b) Users can have a central xml sitemap which leads to smaller xml sitemap (as required by google if a map has over 50,000 urls)

As the problem arose with the 7.6 site I been hunting and testing sitemap creators (even years back too) - and no doubt for PhpNuke this one is the best that I have come across so far. At the same time I am very surprised that the developing team have not contacted google to include this sitemap generator in this link... http://code.google.com/sm_thirdparty.html

Thanks all again...alls in working order now... Very Happy

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote

Quote:
a) Users can control how many urls they want from each module to be there
b) Users can have a central xml sitemap which leads to smaller xml sitemap (as required by google if a map has over 50,000 urls)

Good suggestions - and we have considered that. When we get the time...

Quote:
At the same time I am very surprised that the developing team have not contacted google to include this sitemap generator in this link... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It's there - see the Programs/Code Snippets section.

bugsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote

Ok Smile I was checking under "CMS and Other Plugins" and was quite surprised to see not a single sitemap generator is mentioned there! So I guess I was looking in the wrong place Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Yeah...not sure why they put it there, but it certain drives a lot of traffic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> nukeSEO

View next topic
View previous topic