Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote

What files do I copy over to a production site to get the Quick Reply box rather than having to re-copy up the entire RN files? Reason is I'm upgrading on a piece-meal basis simply because the site CANNOT be allowed to go down for even an instant, well not an exact "instant" but not too much longer. Smile

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Well I guess it's a "never mind" now cuz I found it using a little sleuthing.

Accessed a new site of mine and then:

/root/modules/Forums/ grep -r 'Quick Reply' *

Located in viewtopic.php and lo and behold was NOT there on the production site. Copied over the newer version and voila - we have a quick reply box.

Cheers

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote

dad7732, if you test out your upgrade process locally on your PC using XAMPP, you can usually get the process down very "tight" and be out for only as long as it takes to upload files.

But, I can certainly understand if your "instant" is truly that tight.

Anyways, glad you found what you needed.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote

For whatever reason XAMPP refuses to run here, possibly conflicting with something else related, who knows. It's actually the SQL that barks. However, yes, the "instant" is rather tight with over 300,000 unique access monthly - avg 10,000 daily. Also, I run a few dummy domains on the production server for testing "live" which is a better venue than xampp, IMHO of course. "kguske" did some testing on one of my test domains. That's how he came up with the FCKEditor fix for those of us that could not enter anything in the entry window.

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote

I did notice one diffence in ALL of my forums and that is the QR box is missing the "Notify me ..........." line and checkbox. How do I get that added in?

Cheers

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quote

What you see here on Raven's site is a different quick reply mod than what is in RN. Unfortunately, I am not sure what to put where. Sad

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quote

The only problem is that a user that is NOT configured to be auto-notified and wants to be notified in a particular thread must use the standard reply rather than the QR. I guess no biggie really .. Adding the checkbox and the text is no problem, hooking it to the Notify routine is another thing.

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote

Well, managed to get the line and checkbox added, etc. but just won't "notify".

Code:
    <input type='checkbox' name='attach_sig' checked='checked' />".$lang["Attach_signature"]."<br />

<input type='checkbox' name='notify' checked='checked' />".$lang["Notify"]."<br />

Comments?

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic