Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
ciph3r
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:42 pm Reply with quote

I am currently using R-Nuke v2.02.02 on our site.

I am wanting to upgrade to the latest R-Nuke (v2.20.01) but want to make sure the way im doing it is the right way.

Instead of simply overwriting the files, I am installing it in a separate directory because I have modded alot of our site and want to ensure I have everything installed correctly.

I wanted to create a new DB user, and password, and just import my old database into it via PHPmyadmin.

Is this the best way to do it?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Sure, that sounds fine.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
ciph3r

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote

Thx evaders.

Im gonna finish it up tomarrow.

Ill post if I have any problems.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote

There is a script in the INSTALLATION directory of the 2.20.01 distribution to upgrade your 2.02 database to 2.20.01. It's called rndb_upgrade.php. Once you have your old database copied over you should run the script against it. If you are upgrading Sentinel at the same time there is a Sentinel upgrade script, although the latest release of Sentinel is LATER than 2.20.01 and if you have moved to that you shouldn't run the Sentinel upgrade script from the 2.20.01 distribution -- run the update from the latest Sentinel distribution instead.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote

Its not letting me run the upgrade script.

I dropped the tables, and used bigdump to import the old ones.

Run the script, and I get this
Quote:
The valid values of the configuration field for updating by this program are rn2.02.00, rn76v2.02, rnv2.02.02, rnv2.10.00, rn2.10.01, and rn2.20.00. Your system does not have one of those values. Please check this out -- but this program cannot be used to upgrade other versions. The configuration field is stored in the config table in your MYSQL database in a field called Version_Num. Your system is reporting a value of 7.6.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quote

ciph3r, you must have previously migrated from 7.6 to rn 2.02.02? Are you certain that this is rn 2.02.02???? If so, use phpMyAdmin and change the version number row in nuke_config table to "rnv2.02.02" and then try again. BUT, this is ONLY if you are certain this is 2.02.02.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Yes sir, im sure.

I installed ravenuke over phpnuke 7.8, by downgrading to 7.6 and installing it.

Here is a thread that i asked for help in doing this: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Maybe when I imported the nuke tables it imported the wrong version number.

How can I be sure. ..

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote

If you imported the Nuke tables from 7.6 AFTER you installed 2.02 then you probably wiped out any structural changes that 2.02 made to 7.6 tables. You probably wiped out the version number update also. I would take a look at the upgrade instructions that came with the 2.02 distribution and try to follow them. It is hard for us here (at least for me) to remember what's in every distribution and what the changes are since the previous one. We are trying to capture all database changes in the rndb_upgrade script but unfortunately that only goes back to 2.02, not to Nuke 7.6.

Looking back at your original post in this thread, if you import tables from an old version via PHPmyadmin, then at a minimum you are going to need to run the upgrade script. If your "heavily modded" site contains table structure changes then you will need to look at them individually and make sure they are consistent with the PHP programs. The upgrade scripts will of course know nothing about any table modifications you have made.

If you have a local xamp installation, as was recommended in the other thread you referenced, you could just try this out without any effect on a production system. The number of table changes are not THAT great but any discrepancies will eventually cause problems.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote

THanks alot fkelly.

Its been so long, I honestly dont remember the exact steps I took to go from nuke 7.8 to rnuke. . . so I just imported the DB, changed the version Number, and ran the upgrade scripts.

Everything processed fine, except I did get the following errors (which according to the readme, I shouldnt have to worry about right?).

Code:

ALTER TABLE nuke_banner ADD INDEX `bid` (bid); FAILED.    MySQL reported: Duplicate key name 'bid'
ALTER TABLE nuke_users ADD `user_login_tries` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `last_ip`; FAILED.    MySQL reported: Duplicate column name 'user_login_tries'
ALTER TABLE nuke_users ADD `user_last_login_try` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `user_login_tries`; FAILED.    MySQL reported: Duplicate column name 'user_last_login_try'

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quote

Those errors indicate that those fields already exist so you can ignore them.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote

Ok, so what about other stuff?

Like NukeSentinel?

Its showing the old version number in the block (that was imported from the old db).

Im guessing I need to run the upgrade script for that as well?

Is there anything else I need to change to have my "old site" running on the "newer stuff"?

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote

ciph3r, for NukeSentinel, since RN 2.20.01 is at 2.5.16 and the current version is now 2.5.18, I would download the upgrade package for 2.5.18, replace your files and run the installer script to go from whatever version your admin panel is telling you that you have. However, if you are not in the 2.5.x range, I would instead recommend a complete re-install (drop current NS tables using its installer - and then re-install the tables).

Honestly? The only way to know for sure whether your table structure truly matches RavenNuke latest, you have to be able to have both databases loaded in MySQL and use a tool such as MySQLDiff to compare them or dump each's structures to a file and then use a file compare utility.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote

I did run the nukesentinel upgrade on the new rnuke install, and it all went smoothly.

I actually was thinking about just installing the core rnuke tables, and just importing my users, and forums.

Then running the rnuke upgrade script, would that work (if I changed the version_num in the new db?).

I was thinking that would be the best way to ensure I have the latest stuff, with only my users and forums backed up.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:45 am Reply with quote

No, the best way would be to compare your current db structure to a freshly installed RN latest structure. MySQLDiff will do that for you and do it well... not only that, it will give you the SQL that you can apply to your current db to bring it up to "standard". However, be VERY careful there to know what you are doing... knowing how the compare works against the "source" and "target" and then which db the SQL applies to is crucial. But, at least you will clearly see any differences and then can analyze those one-by-one.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote

having a little trouble getting mysqldiff to work.

Says "The configured Path for Session files () is not writeable!"

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quote

That is an issue with your host setup I believe. At least I have not personally seen this. I would have expected some issues on the RN captcha side of things too if the session path isn't set up properly.

My version is 1.5.0 that I am using. I will have to check on the latest distro and see if it gives me the same.

BTW, personally, I would use XAMPP on your local PC with a complete copy of your site to test against. You can set up as many sites in your htdocs directory and as many databases as you like. This is where I do ALL my comparisons, development and testing prior to doing anything on my live site.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Is there a short tutorial on using it?

I have it installed, and im playing with it, but figured i would ask before I got to far into it.

Ill update if I get it all figured out (sorry just worked 12 hours on 3 hours of sleep)

ciph3r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I started the sql service, and went to admin to set it up, and keep getting this error:

"Access violation at address 1002593 in modules "LIBMYSQL.dll". Read of address 00000000."

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quote

This has never happened to me. Are you sure that you downloaded the right version for your O/S? Might be worth checking just to be sure.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote

Yes sir, I got xxampp for windows.

I mean it seems to be working, I just cant create databases or use the sql admin at all.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:00 am Reply with quote

That is definitely odd. Have you tried phpMyAdmin?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Does that work?

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quote

The other thing to do might be to uninstall and reinstall. Perhaps a file was in use during your initial install and didn't get overwritten. Try to shut down as many applications as possible before the install and watch for any warnings or errors during the install.

ciph3r

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quote

I tried that. phpMyAdmin is working fine, Ive created a DB. . . i just cant get the MySQL admin to work at all.

How do I go about creating a user, and granting the permissions?

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quote

May sound like a stupid question but did you install xxampp when logged in as administrator in XP or Vista - whatever your OS is. And if asked, did you choose to install it for "all users" and not just the "admin" user? I ask this because other apps sometimes behave the same as the problem you're having.

Cheers

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 am Reply with quote

ciph3r, to be honest, I've not used the MySQL admin tool in a very long time and really have had no need for it. You can set up new users in phpMyAdmin and give them database and even table-specific permissions. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic