Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
bigbongo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:18 am Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Noticed a very small thing after upgrading to 2.5.18 today,

When logged in, not as GOD, you get this in the NS menu:

Quote:
IP to Country
_AB_
Database Maintenance
Import Data

I think it used to say "scan for new admins" or something like that.. Don't know if I did sth wrong though or if it's just a small thing that needs fixing..

And I also had a second question: Every day we get about 5 to 10 or more hack attempts. Is this "normal" and isn't this going to cause any problems with my htaccess growing and growing? We have almost 1300 blocked ip's now, not all in the .htaccess as it has been turned on only after a while (host didn't support it at first) but let's say we have about 530 ip's in the htaccess.

In case needed:
Running Ravennuke v2.20.01
No mods (except for gcal that was in the raven package)
Running offcourse NS 2.5.18

Grtz

Bongo

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote

bigbongo, welcome to RavenPHPScripts! I have just run the same test and I can confirm that this is an issue. You certainly would not want a non-God admin to be able to set up new admins and/or see their passwords, so pretty sure Bob wanted to keep the link off of this feature. But, the language define isn't right I suspect. I"ll point him to this thread to take a look.

Regarding your question about 5 - 10 hack attempts per day, that is actually about normal (at least for me). Quite frankly, I just clear all blocks every once-in-a-while. Most of these are just "script kiddies" who get blocked and then go away. Maybe they will come back, maybe they won't. It will slow down every access over time (has to as every time Apache is given a request, it will go through the list. Plus, I have a bunch of other checks in my .htaccess that if not there, my site runs far faster.

It is all a trade-off and only you can decide what is right for you.

bigbongo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote

Yep links are not clickable as not God admin, was also so in previous versions, works fine from God admin, just the language part is missing this time.

If possible, could you let me know what other kinds of checks you have in your htaccess? I was considering an user agent block (lib perl or whatever it is) as I'm getting most blocks from that kind of things but I don't know too much about what the possibilities are with .htaccess.

Tnx

Bongo

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Ey Guys,
Just upgraded to 2.5.18 and want to throw in another typo. Its been there since 2.5.16 as far as I remember but forgot to mention it.

"Click here to check if a new version is availible."

Should be (I suppose);

"Click here to check if a new version is available."

Not sure if it was mentioned before or just overlooked by everyone Razz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic