Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> nukeSEO
adaykin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote

Hello, I'm having some problems with the nukeSEO page. I uploaded the latest files for the addon, and I get the following when I display the page:

Photobucket only allows a max image size of 800 x 600, so the text at the bottom of the page is:

\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">\n"; ">

I'm not sure what is causing this, has anyone else encountered this before?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Try this post here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

adaykin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote

So the solution would be to just have meta2.php and delete the meta.php file? I did that and it got rid of the \n"; but there is a message now saying Error opening META file.

Also how would I use nukeSEO to change my keywords? I think by default I get stuff like linux, raven web services, fedora, etc. but how would I change that with nukeSEO?

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote

No you need to copy and rename meta2.php to meta.php.

Once you have it working you can then see and change all your keywords in NukeSEO admin.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote

After copying meta2.php to meta.php, make sure the permissions on both files allow writing (e.g. 0777 or 0755). Then, go into admin, click nukeSEO, and click Research & Edit under Meta Tags / Keyword.

adaykin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Ok I got it working now. One more thing. I can only add 1 keyword. The way I remember this module before was that there was a lot of different forms for keywords that I could add. You can see in my picture that there is only one form to add a keyword.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote

You can only add 1 at a time, but you can add as many as you want. Don't forget to save after adding / changing all your keywords.

adaykin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote

I got this error after I tried to save:

Code:

Metafile not saved for the following reason:

It was not possible to create a backup-file, saving aborted..

Go Back and correct

What I did was, enter a keyword in the text form hit add, and repeat the process several times, but in the blue colored keyword box above only the most recent keyword showed up. Then I hit save and I got the error message.

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:55 am Reply with quote

Make sure that meta2.php is writeable (permissions 0777 or 0755).

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Shouldn't that be "Make sure meta.php is writeable ......." since meta2 has been copied? OR is meta2.php still being used in this case (copy from meta.php). And what is the "backup" filename as indicated in that error message?

Cheers

kguske

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote

Both meta and meta2 must be writeable. nukeSEO copies meta to meta2 before saving changes to meta.

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote

And why does this process end up with a parse error in meta.php ?
I think this should be explained somewhere better.
I didn´t found on your site nowhere something about this.The readme file is quit short without additional information.
So I don´t have a meta.php2 anymore because I renamed it to get rid of a blank page.
Do I clone my current meta and call it just meta2 ?
Or will I end up with a blank page again.
I don´t like such surprises Rolling Eyes
So that both meta have at the beginning the same content ?

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote

It should not result in a parse error. You might try starting over with the meta2.php that came with the download, and copy it to replace the existing meta.php. In other words, to answer your question, do NOT clone meta to become meta2. Take the meta2.php from the download, copy it to the site, then copy it again as meta.php. Set the permissions to 0777 before saving your meta tags.

I've been busy with RNYA and upgrading nukeWYSIWYG to FCKeditor 2.6.3 (both will be included in the next release of RN 2.3.0). Once that's done, I'll return to an upgrade of nukeSEO that doesn't use temp files, doesn't require rewriting files, and has many other improvements and "fixes."

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote

Thanks I fixed the blank page.
I know you are very busy and therefore I will fix the rest alone either way or just wait until a upgrade is available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> nukeSEO

View next topic
View previous topic