Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
snwmnx

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote

I haven't spent much time on this problem yet, so I apologize if my forum search wasn't good enough to find previous topics for this. The few I found weren't relevant (that I could tell) to my issue.

So I made a usergroup in the forum admin panel. I made myself the moderator, then created a test user account. I then went to the usergroup control panel (logged in as myself) and tried to add the test account to said usergroup.

I wish the error I was getting was a bit more specific, or that I just knew what it was trying to tell me. It says:

"General Error" in the title bar, and "An Error Has Occurred" in the area below it.

So I made the group closed instead of hidden. Same result. I then made the group public, and tried to outright join while logging in as the test account. Same error.

I know, believe me, that that isn't a lot of information to go on. Just anything that might point me in the right direction would be fantastic.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Normally when phpbb reports a General Error it gives more information such as the module/script, line #, and even a bit more information. Are you sure there wasn't more information on the screen?

snwmnx

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I am positive. I didn't think it would help at all, but perhaps it might. Feel free to log into the site as the test account:

Username - test
Password - testtest

Here

There is only a single usergroup on the forums, and it is public. You should see the same "General Error" that I am getting when you attempt to join it.

It is also worth stating that I have tried to join with the default forum theme, as well as the default theme that came with the RavenNuke installation, and I get the same results.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Set the $loglevel=1; in rnconfig.php and then monitor the rnlogs/dblog file to see if it catches an SQL error. Also, check your server error log to see if it provides any information.

snwmnx

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote

While I am getting an error, I'm not sure of its relevance.

Code:
May 5, 2008, 9:41 am 1146 : Table 'makeith_clanDataBase.clan_mail_config' doesn't exist

SQL was: SELECT * FROM clan_mail_config
 remote addr: 205.144.218.234
May 5, 2008, 9:41 am 1054 : Unknown column 'type' in 'where clause'
SQL was: SELECT * FROM clan_banner WHERE type='0' AND active='1'
May 5, 2008, 9:41 am 1054 : Unknown column 'type' in 'where clause'
SQL was: SELECT bid, imageurl, clickurl, alttext FROM clan_banner WHERE type='0' AND active='1' LIMIT 0,1

That error is repeated on any and all pageloads. That is also the only error that is showing up in the log file, and when I try to add a user to a forum usergroup, it still only says "General Error" with "An Error has occurred" below it.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote

The mail config tables don't get set up until you run mail configuration in the ACP, so I think that error may be somewhat "normal". On the other hand, it looks like your banner table is not set up right. No, actually what it seems like is that your PHP code base is not up to date with the banner table. The latest banner table has no 'type' field so the code trying to access indicates that it's out of date.

You don't explicitly say what version of Ravennuke you are running.

As to the error log, again I am not positive about this but I believe that some of the Forums code may "trap" and report errors like you are seeing before they ever get to the Ravennuke database error log. So you need to make sure that your code and database tables are up to snuff. This could be the result of an incomplete FTP process not copying some of the PHP files over to your server, for instance.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote

I believe this is version before 2.20.00 I have an old testsite and saw there the same "Unknown column 'type' in 'where clause'" message" and therefore he needs to update his RavenNuke version to 2.20.01 inclusive forums, NukeSentinel and IP2Country.
But I donĀ“t see a problem with my groups therefore it would help to have the exact link he tried within the forum.

snwmnx

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for not posting that. RavenNuke Version 2.20.01

As for incomplete FPT...I thought about that. I reuploaded the theme several times, and tried to this with almost every other theme (including those preinstalled with this RN release).

I would, of course, prefer not to have to reupload EVERYTHING, but I will if that is your suggestion. Rather, if you know of some specific files that could use a reupload, I would prefer that. The thought of faulty FPT crossed my mind, like I said, I am just unsure as to what all would need to be reuploaded. I was saving a complete reupload until this coming weekend if the problem persists until then.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote

What FTP software are you using? Generally most people recommend using Filezilla.

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote

If the error is Forum related the logical directories to reupload would be /modules/Forums and also /includes.

snwmnx

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote

I use Filezilla for work, but I have had WsFTP Pro on my home machine for a while now, so that's what I've been using for person things like this.

I had not thought to reupload the includes folder. Thanks.

Edit: Reuploading the aforementioned folders did not fix the error.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic