Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote

My host just upgraded to PHP5.2.5 and since then my userinfo block and session information just stopped working.

Problem:
Even though I am logged in, Nuke will show me as anonymous and it won't clear guests out of the 'members online' section. Its also hard to logout. I can still post and do everything a member can do while "logged in" although I cannot see the blocks only viewable to registered members. Sometimes it will keep me logged in for 5 or 10 minutes or so, then I disappear. I have to empty my nuke_session table several times a day because it won't clear on its own.

What I've tried so far:
I've tried using a different user info block, repaired and optimized all tables, dropped and recreated nuke_session table, dropped and recreated the userinfo block table, re-uploaded a backup of my site from before this started happening, quadruple checked my cookie settings, cleaned cookies and cache.

Other info:
This is happening on both FIrefox and IE and other users are experience problem staying logged in and logging out.
I'm using Nuke Evo 2.0.5. I've asked for support at the Evo site, but they seem plumb stumped as is my host.

Help me Raven-Won-Kenobi, you are my only hope!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote

Hmmm. Not using RavenNuke(tm) and not hosting with me. Now there's the main problem and also the solution to your problems! Wink

What version were you running before the upgrade?

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Hmmm. Not using RavenNuke(tm) and not hosting with me. Now there's the main problem and also the solution to your problems! Wink

What version were you running before the upgrade?

Ha.

-sting

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote

Lol!! I know, I know. Mea culpa!
If its any consolation, I'm going to be using RavenNuke for my second project. Smile

My host was using PHP5.2.1 I do believe. MySQL 4.4.1 (I'm mostly sure on the sql version)
Here is their php.ini file if it helps further:
ADMIN NOTE: DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Smack Bang Head Never post that information Wink

Have you checked your server error log?

srhh

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quote

Embarassed
Oops, sorry. Wasn't thinking too clearly. Embarassed Embarassed

Anywho, checked error logs and nothing out of the ordinary. Turned on error reporting in nuke and nothing there either.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 am Reply with quote

Without actually working with it myself, it sounds like possibly a cookie problem but you say you've already checked that, so I don't know.

Even though I can't think of what php.ini configuration settings would change anything that would cause this, you might ask your host for a copy of the before and after httpd.conf and php.in files and run a compare on them.

srhh

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote

I have a test site on the same server and the sessions/login/logout is fine there. Huh. I think I hosed something royally.

I think I'm going to try deleting the entire database, create a new database and and a fresh sql from the evo install and then insert all the posts/users/etc back in.

Yeah another Saturday night at the srhh house!! Wooo!

If all else fails, I'll come running back into your arms Raven Wink killing me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic