Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
blith
Client

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:38 am Reply with quote

If a search for downloads is performed and the search returns two files not seperated for some reason, Nuke has been doing this a slong as I can remember, the second URL will look like this:
Code:
www.gamersroam.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloadcomments&lid=916&ttitle=Aaddis_Abada>Comments%20(2)</a><br>Category:%20Adventures%20and%20Quests<br><br></font><br><br><center><font%20class=

Also if someone submitted a download with ( or a ) in the title and it gets clicked on:
Code:
www.gamersroam.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=323&ttitle=Atmospheromancy_(Weather_Magic)

then they are banned also.
Thanks.

blith

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:47 am Reply with quote

Here is an example of the search function bug. This is what search returns look like sometimes and clicking on the second URL will lead to a IP ban: ( I took out the link for obvious reasons)

Paradise Isle v1.1
Description: This a new Island off the Bitter Coast region Called Paradise Island a ways SW of Seyda Neen. To get to the Island go to the new dock by the Seyda Neen lighthouse. I started this mod because I felt that after saving Morrowind I deserved someplace befitting my heroic deeds. The Island has many things to see....

1. A dock with a ship that transports you to and from Seyda Neen.
2. A Villa that includes a House, Clubhouse, Grotto, Training house.
3. Archery range
4. Garden.
5. Various NPC's
6. There are no cheats in this mod

And more, you really must check it out for yourself (the ship is a must, make sure you talk to all NPC's in the mod. This mod was a labor of love as I love the Morrowind game and is approx. 80% complete but fully functional, the rest is just cosmetic and finishing touches (it was made more for the fellas, sorry ladies, however it can be altered to suit the ladies with a little work). Still haven't figured out what to put in the basement, thought maybe a boxing ring where the PC could box various leveled NPC's and a NPC that took bet's, although this would require a good bit of scripting and that's not my strong point. Anyway hope you enjoy my mod, please feel free to use it or parts of it in other mods just give me credit for my hard work if you do. All comments, suggestions, complaints and praise are welcome, send them to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] .

Thank You and Enjoy,
Rabbiddog

*This Mod, although not vulgar, does contain some mature situations *
*This Mod requires the Tribunal Expansion and the LeFemm Armor Mod *

*This Is updated version 1.1. Changes made from previous versions:
1.Updated the readme file, it now tells how to get to the Island.
2.Cleaned and improved much of the NPC's dialog.
3.Added new NPC's.
4.Made numerous cosmetics changes
Version: 1.1 Filesize: 670.90 Kb
Added on: 09-Jul-2003 Downloads: 984 Rating: 7.0 (5 Votes)
HomePage | Rate Resource | Details | Thief Apprentice Karenna
Description: This Mod introduces a young woman of low rank in the Balmora Thieves Guild. Normally, she'll just offer limited barter services in the South Wall Cornerclub. But if you Join the Guild and attain a rank of Black Cap or higher, she'll ask you to accept her as an apprentice. If you accept her, she'll serve as your loyal looting companion. She can wear three different disguises, make use of three different fighting styles and has many more exciting features. If you're a Thief in Morrowind, you'll want this young lady, and her sharp dagger, at your side in all your pillaging encounters. This Mod was made using version 1.2.0722 of Morrowind, and requires the installation and use of the "LeFemm Armor" Mod distributed by Bethesda.
Version: 1.0 Filesize: 12.70 Kb
Added on: 03-Jul-2003 Downloads: 347
HomePage | Rate Resource | Details
Category: NPCs, Classes, New Races, and Creatures

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:58 am Reply with quote

But, is this a Sentinel(tm) bug? I thought you said you were having problems with this function in nuke before Sentinel(tm)? If so, it can be directly traced to the POST logic in mainfile.php as Sentinel(tm) used that for the most part. We will look into this, of course, but it really isn't a bug in Sentinel(tm), if so. Nuke just mishandles it and Sentinel(tm) bans it because that's what it does best Smile. The () are programmed into Sentinel(tm). With the new release that should be out today you will be able to leave the string searches off Smile

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:43 am Reply with quote

Correct it was happening before Sentinel. I wanted to let the team know that this is something that could be looked at. Thanks for the attention to this matter!

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:34 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
But, is this a Sentinel(tm) bug? I thought you said you were having problems with this function in nuke before Sentinel(tm)? If so, it can be directly traced to the POST logic in mainfile.php as Sentinel(tm) used that for the most part. We will look into this, of course, but it really isn't a bug in Sentinel(tm), if so. Nuke just mishandles it and Sentinel(tm) bans it because that's what it does best Smile. The () are programmed into Sentinel(tm). With the new release that should be out today you will be able to leave the string searches off Smile

I love the new features. Why can I leave the string searches off? Sentinel is reporting these as script abuses. Thanks Raven and Bob and everyone else who worked on this!

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:19 am Reply with quote

Here's the problem, in the Script Abuse Routines, both the native php-nuke one and the Sentinel ones you will find this:
Code:
if ((eregi("<[^>]script*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*object*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*iframe*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*applet*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*meta*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*style*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*form*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("\([^>]*\"?[^)]*\)", $secvalue)) || (eregi("\"", $secvalue))) {
Now if you look at the second to last expression you will see the ( and ) in it. So even if we remove these from Sentinel's protection your native nuke routine will still give you problems with those two characters.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
Here's the problem, in the Script Abuse Routines, both the native php-nuke one and the Sentinel ones you will find this:
Code:
if ((eregi("<[^>]script*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*object*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*iframe*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*applet*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*meta*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*style*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("<[^>]*form*\"?[^>]*>", $secvalue)) || (eregi("\([^>]*\"?[^)]*\)", $secvalue)) || (eregi("\"", $secvalue))) {
Now if you look at the second to last expression you will see the ( and ) in it. So even if we remove these from Sentinel's protection your native nuke routine will still give you problems with those two characters.

I understand the problem with the ( ) now, thank you. But I am still in a quandry as what to do about the first problem above. This is a nuke bug and I have no idea where to start with this one. But since it is causing bans with your Sentinel I thought I would mention it here. Is there something you can think of to do about it? Thanks!

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote

blith wrote:
If a search for downloads is performed and the search returns two files not seperated for some reason, Nuke has been doing this a slong as I can remember, the second URL will look like this:
Code:
www.gamersroam.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloadcomments&lid=916&ttitle=Aaddis_Abada>Comments%20(2)</a><br>Category:%20Adventures%20and%20Quests<br><br></font><br><br><center><font%20class=

Also if someone submitted a download with ( or a ) in the title and it gets clicked on:
Code:
www.gamersroam.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=323&ttitle=Atmospheromancy_(Weather_Magic)

then they are banned also.
Thanks.

The two listed downloads being un-seperated. Was this an issue for you before Sentinel was installed?

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Yes it was a problem way before Sentinel but since it causes folks to be banned I thought I would mention it here and hopefully someone with much more knowledge than I can figure it out. I would hate to see something as wonderful as Sentinel bogged down by a native Nuke bug.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote

We will take a look see and see if there is something we can find. Knowing it was an issue before Sentinel helps us find the root much easier Smile

blith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
We will take a look see and see if there is something we can find. Knowing it was an issue before Sentinel helps us find the root much easier Smile

I have started a new thread with examples... I will no longer clutter with this thread. Thanks guys!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic