Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote

I only get this error on the IPN check on the config
I was able to delete the sample records via the same module.
I set up a different database and I also used the nuke database. The same error comes up on both, even though I could manually add or delete records.

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in G:\xampp\htdocs\modules\Donations\ipn\ipnppd.php on line 46
Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote

It says you are not using a password. Does the database require a password?

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:17 am Reply with quote

Database requires a password. I do not think the error is correct. I have had this type of error before during other installations but I don't recall what the actual problem was.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:26 am Reply with quote

The error is correct since it's coming from the odbc driver and not the IPN application. Something is not set up correctly with your database connection.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:43 am Reply with quote

I loaded the sql to the nuke database. Used the same setting as in config.php
and could delete the 3 sample records. Can add entries to database via admin. but get that same error as I printed before.

I added a new db to mysql and set up a user with password. Loaded the sql and was again able to delete and update via admin but still get the same error mentioned above when doing the ipn check here.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote

I'm not arguing with you nor challenging you Wink What I was trying to say is that the error is because of the lack of the password. Now as to the cause of the error, well, that's the unknown.

Is your user name really ODBC? Have you turned debug on, in the IPN script to see what it says. Have you tried copying config.inc.php file and calling it config.php?

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote

ODBC is not the username. Question -- I do not have odbc defaults set in php.ini,
could that be the problem.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote

You are receiving a MySQL error that is pointing to a user named ODBC. Your database configuration seems to not be correct in your config.php. Have you renamed it as I suggested?

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote

If I copy config.inc and replace the config it stops the whole system.

config.php

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "baseuser";
$dbpass = "basepass";
$dbname = "basename";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = 'MySQL';
$sitekey = 'site key';
$gfx_chk = 7;
$subscription_url = '';
$admin_file = 'adminis';
$tipath = 'images/topics/';
$display_errors = true; //This should only be used (set to TRUE) when testing locally and not in a production environment

conf.inc.php
/* Database configuration */
$hostname_ipnppd = "localhost";
$database_ipnppd = "basename";
$username_ipnppd = "baseuser";
$password_ipnppd = "basepass";

$board_config = array();
global $ipnppd;

$ipnppd = mysql_pconnect($hostname_ipnppd, $username_ipnppd, $password_ipnppd);
if( $ipnppd )
{
mysql_select_db($database_ipnppd, $ipnppd);
$query_cfg = "SELECT * FROM config WHERE subtype = ''";
$cfgset = mysql_query($query_cfg, $ipnppd);

while ( $cfgset && $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($cfgset))
{
$tr_config[$row['name']] = $row['value'];
}
} else
{
echo "<br><br>NukeTreasury FATAL ERROR: Unable to connect to SQL database. Please check your settings in modules/Donations/config.php<br><br>";
}

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Unable to connect to SQL database

I know this is frustrating but as you can see it is unable to connect to your MySQL database. You have a configuration error in your IPN config.php or config.inc.php file. The message says modules/Donations/config.php so you need to be sure what you have named the IPN configuration file. But that is your problem.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Okay I got it fixed. Here is what I did.

Copied config.inc.php to /donations/ipn/ and renamed config.php

While access was okay I still got the message error for line 45 ----- so I
//$ipnppd = mysql_pconnect($hostname_ipnppd, $username_ipnppd, $password_ipnppd) or die(mysql_error());

// out that line in ipnppd.php and now everything works fine.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote

The documentation is lacking the statement "Make a copy of config.inc.php and put it in the IPN folder and rename it to config.php".

If one puts www/xxx/xxx/ with the trailing / in the preferences some of the code will result in // ---- if you leave the trailing / off in the preferences -- then you have the opposite problem in some of the code. I find less errors though by having the / trailing in the preferences.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The documentation is lacking the statement "Make a copy of config.inc.php and put it in the IPN folder and rename it to config.php".

That's why I told you to do that up above Smile

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote

I know, but I was in a fog from lack of sleep and I was associating that statement with the nuke config.php file. It wasn't until I had taken a long break and came back to it that I finally realized that the include was looking in the InP folder for the config.php.

But once that is correct then the "$ipnppd = mysql_pconnect" statement in inppd.php is not required because it is in the config.php and will show errors unless you remove the debug flag.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote

speedtype Cheers Groovy

Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote

Donations module just stopped working. Apr 21 was the last donation made via paypal that showed up in our nuke_treasury database. 2 donations were made May 1, but neither shows up. Both were completed, but IPN not working.

I went into the Treasury admin/config and clicked on the "Click here to test IPN" and am now getting this error:
Quote:
Internal Server Error

Referred From : ...
Your IP : xx.xx.xxx.xxx
The Page Requested: /modules/Treasury/ipn/ipnppd.php?dbg=1
Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14
Redirect Status : 500

I checked the IPN settings both locally, and at Paypal. All is as it should be. Considering this was working less than 2 weeks ago, and no changes have been made to our site, is this s problem with our server, or PayPal?????

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote

I doubt it's Paypal as I just posted 2 donations. A status 500 almost always indicates an error in your .htaccess file. Try a quick test and rename your .htaccess file and test your IPN. If it works then something in your .htaccess file is causing it (syntax error usually). If it still fails then contact your host as they may have made a change to their main server configuration file httpd.conf.

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Last blog from the paypal developer group was for a recurring API change, Feb 2008. Haven't seen anything since then.

I did read several issues yesterday that related to the .htaccess causing issues with the IPN.

-sting

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Actually - it looks like it may have been Paypal.

There is a link at the following URL to a developer blog which describes the issue - it should be resolved now (or very soon). .
Check
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

-sting

Doulos

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I saw that donations were posted to this sites Donations block so I checked my IPN link again and I got the same 500 error.

After reading the replies to my post, I checked again and .... 500 error. Then tried renaming .htaccess and still am getting the 500 error.

Thanks for you responses.

I just found out that the when I click on the Forums admin button I also get a 500 error. These are the only two area in admin where I am currently getting this error.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Do you have more than 1 .htaccess? If so, check the others if they are in a folder that is in the path(s) that the module uses. Also, check your Apache error log. A 500 error is a web server configuration error.

Doulos

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote

No, only one .htaccess file. Checking apache error log now.

Doulos

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Here are my errors:
Quote:
[Fri May 2 18:38:05 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx Premature end of script headers: /homedirectory/modules/Donations/ipn/ipnppd.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:553: Directory "/homedirectory/modules" is writeable by others

Quote:
[Fri May 2 18:41:12 2008] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: /homedirectory/modules/Forums/admin/index.php
SoftException in Application.cpp:553: Directory "/homedirectory/modules" is writeable by others

Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Doulos

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote

This issue is fixed. It was related to folder pemissions. The server owner (who is hosting that particular website for free) implemented a new security script which changed the permissions on several folders.

Last edited by Doulos on Sat May 03, 2008 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic