Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
milenko
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Hi I have been trying to correct this for some time. I have added his IP range to protected and is listed as such. However he gets the Sentinel block message:
Quote:
You have attempted to access this site with an invalid IP.
If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at milenkosoe(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
Remote Address: 96.224.231.95
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none

This IP is not listed in the blocked section, and I have it listed in the protected section. Poor guy is frustrated and now I am. I had a similar problem with my brother when his IP started using 97.xxx.xxx.xx IP but I have sucessfully fixed that, but I am unable to fix his. Any help or idea's would be apreciated!

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote

Update your IP2Country data or disable the Invalid IP check. There are numerous posts here on how to do those

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
milenko

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote

Well I found the change needed to disable the Invalid IP Check, BTW took over 25 minutes reading when all you had to type was to change rnconfig.php or config.php and look for Invalid IP Check to TRUE... Thanks and I posted this for anyone else needing to do this.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote

But reading is how you learn Wink

Susann

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Because you are talking about this invalid IP problem I get the same message from your site Guardian. Thought you would solve this automatically through the new IP2Country data Sad

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Susann, my IP2C data is out of date because I had started to modify my installation to use the GeoIP data from Maxmind to automatically update everything but have not finished it yet. Sad

Susann

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I see ! But its since a very long time.You ´ll loose many interested visitors and new members. I´m just too lazy to send e-mails. So I thought I should let you know this.

milenko

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
But reading is how you learn Wink

I agree however it only took me 1 minute to read where to change it since their wasn't a post that was relevant to invalid IP's. Wink

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote

@ Susann, you should be ok now Wink

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote

milenko, although I don't want this thread to degrade into a boxing match, I hope that you can appreciate that we have lots of posts to respond to and many of us have very limited time. You will find many answers to many questions within these forums as there is a wealth of accumulated knowledge here. But, just as with the net, how you search can make or break your research. There are many good threads on "Invalid IP", but the problem is, so many people have posted on Invalid IP error message without searching first and so the list of unnecessary threads to wade through continues to grow...

Susann

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quote

Works ! Thx Wink

milenko

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:45 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
milenko, although I don't want this thread to degrade into a boxing match, I hope that you can appreciate that we have lots of posts to respond to and many of us have very limited time. You will find many answers to many questions within these forums as there is a wealth of accumulated knowledge here. But, just as with the net, how you search can make or break your research. There are many good threads on "Invalid IP", but the problem is, so many people have posted on Invalid IP error message without searching first and so the list of unnecessary threads to wade through continues to grow...

I understand and I do respect that, I was just frustrated reading through all the posts for the issues, then once I found I only had to change FALSE to TRUE I was shocked something so easy. Thanks again, and I did find it and made note for any future people looking for a resolution. Thanks again!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic