Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
catweazle
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm running RavenNuke(tm) v2.20.00, and I have this weird issue with GCalendar v1.7.0:

When submitting entries:
I have defined 10 event Kategories.
Registered users only get the last two Kategory ID's listed in the dropdown list when submitting entries (submitting entries as Admin shows all ten Kategories in the dropdown list).

Submitted and approved entries:
When logged in as regualr user no upcomming events are listed in the blocks. When logged in as Admin all upcomming events show just fine.

Any help to solve my problem are very much appreciated.
Thanks for your time and effort...

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote

Take a look at Gcalendar administration on the Admin Control Panel. Under "groups" you may have your categories assigned to groups thus limiting their visibility. It is explained on the groups screen.

catweazle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I have no Kategories assigned to Groups,
so all entries in the calendar should be visible to all...

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote

You might need to wait for Gremmie to stop by. I don't see anything obvious. If you have access to phpmyadmin you might look at the table gcal_cat_group. There is a field in there called group_id. My guess would be that gremmie sets this to -1 if no group is assigned to that category (or if that category is not assigned to a group). Maybe you have some entries in there that aren't -1? I probably would wait for Gremmie though, this is beyond my scope.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote

fkelly is correct. I would be interested in seeing the data in your _gcal_cat_group table and _gcal_category tables. You should have 10 entries in your _gcal_cat_group table for your 10 categories, and each one should have a -1 for the group_id.

catweazle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
If you have access to phpmyadmin you might look at the table gcal_cat_group. There is a field in there called group_id. My guess would be that gremmie sets this to -1 if no group is assigned to that category (or if that category is not assigned to a group). Maybe you have some entries in there that aren't -1?

The gcal_cat_group had two entries (both set to group_id -1).
The mysterious part is why the eight other Kategories haven't been written to the DB [since they are missing in the table I guess that's why GCalendar takes it they are assigned to Group(s)].

I manually added the (Cool missing Kategories using phpMyAdmin, and everything seems to be workin' good Very Happy

I still wonder what will happen when (and if) I decide to add more Kategories though...

Anyways - Thanks alot for helping me out on this one, Kelly!!

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Glad to be assistance.

catweazle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
fkelly is correct. I would be interested in seeing the data in your _gcal_cat_group table and _gcal_category tables. You should have 10 entries in your _gcal_cat_group table for your 10 categories, and each one should have a -1 for the group_id.

There was 10 categories listed in the _gcal_category table.
None of these are assigned to Groups.

Only 2 of these categories had their category ID listed in the _gcal_cat_group table (both set to -1 in the group_id field).

As I posted above; - After adding the other category ID's manually (set to -1 in the group_id filed) everything seems to work ok...

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote

catweazle, yes that is how it is supposed to work. Anytime you add a new category, GCalendar should add an entry in the _gcal_cat_group table with group id set to -1. Why it didn't work for you in those 8 cases, I don't know...that is the troubling part. Maybe there is a bug. Were you playing with the groups feature at all? So, for example, did you assign a category to a group and then remove it or something like that?

catweazle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote

I have defined some groups, yes - but neither assigned nor deleted any GCalender kategories to any of these (haven't had any reason for doing so yet)...

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Ok. Then in that case I can't explain it. The same code that adds the new category also updates the _gcal_cat_group table.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote

catweazle, one thing you could try is to turn on that SQL db log facility that we have now and see if you get any SQL errors when you try to add a new category. That might tell us something. Thanks.

catweazle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
catweazle, one thing you could try is to turn on that SQL db log facility that we have now and see if you get any SQL errors when you try to add a new category. That might tell us something. Thanks.

To bad I forgot about the SQL db log thingy... haven't got used to the fact that it's there yet Rolling Eyes

BTW: I added another Category today and everything updated fine, so the SQL db log didn't give any hints at this point. Everything is working as it's supposed to...

Again, - thanks alot for your help guys!

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Keep your eye on it. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic