Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
guilherme2x2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Hi.
I´m having a trouble with my phpnuke and I´m thinking migrate to ravennuke. In my site I have 1500 on line user/anonimous, and it is overload the server.
Is ravennuke more efficient to suport this number of users?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote

RavenNuke is definitely more efficient and should easily handle 1500 users, but it also depends on your server. What version of Nuke are you currently running?

guilherme2x2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote

I started in 7.5 version and did upgrades to the 7.9 version.
I think the problem is with the blog module. Do you know any blog module for ravennuke?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote

If you are talking 1500 CONCURRENT users I'd be concerned based on the resources that most shared servers provide. So you need to make it clear whether these are registered users total or whether you have that many online at once.

As Jakec says we've reduced the SQL workload significantly in the last few Ravennuke releases but you are still going to have a LOT of overhead if you have 1500 registered users. You can figure that each page load probably costs you 100 SQL calls and then multiply that by the number of users and see if your server will support that. Then there's bandwidth and a lot of other resource constraints to consider.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote

I was contemplating this over coffee this morning and if these are not actually registered users you might be getting blitzed by badly behaing search engine botss - Slurp springs to mind.
If you search the forums here you'll find some data on Slurp/Inktomi and how to implement the carwl-delay directive to slow them down.

guilherme2x2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
I´ll study the problem and view the forum sugestions.
In fact, I had 1400 anonimous and 100 register users.
Thus this means any think? The server sad that there is news tools to not overhead the server when we make a lot of request to the sql and the server processor. I don´t understand and know whith php new tools they are refering.
Do you think it´s recomended I migrate to a dedicated server?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic