Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
fresh
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Hey i have a logs file in ma root folder and i wanna delete it but htaccess in the logs file don't let me delete it. I wonder if it is from ma old phpnuke 8?? or it is from ma host? coz i just downloaded a fresh copy of phpnuke 8 and that one doesnt have a logs file in it. I even try deleting htaccess file but it didnt let me do it.
I am just tryina move everything inside ma rootfolder from old site so i can put only ravennuke scripts in the root folder.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quote

.htaccess should not in any way prevent you from deleting a file. The only think that normally prevents deleting are the permissions. Depending on what ftp client you are using you should be able to see the owner:group permissions for the file. Unless your ftp account name owns the file you cannot delete it. You will need to contact your host and tell them to correct the permissions.

fresh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote

I think that log file is from ma host coz inside the htaccess file it says

Options +Indexes
Satisfy any
Order Deny,Allow
Allow fromxxx.xxx.xx.xx/xx
Allow from xxx.xxx.xx.xx/xx
Allow from xxx.xxx.xx.xx
Deny from all
RemoveType .html .gif
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Access for /logs"
AuthUserFile /xxxxx/homepages/xxxx/xxxxxx/htpasswd
require user xxxxxxxx

WHen i try to go to the log files it ask me for the FTP account and password so it must be from ma host and when i get in there it shows me monthly transfer and info about the host like what is enable and what is not plus info about php core configuration inside. It must have been there when i first installed the phpnuke but can't remember but need to find out a way to clear them logs coz it keeps gettin heavier.
thanks again raven

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quote

Your .htaccess file only affects your web server on port 80. Your ftp account does not care about nor does it use .htaccess. Your host needs to change your permissions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic