Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
fresh
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote

I just want to know when i am adding admins and mods to the forums which option should i use. The one in the forums admin or the one in the nuke admin???in nuke admin there is nsgroup and just regular group? which one should i use???

Also i have another question... When i install rn i creat one name for admin and also gave another name for the regular account. Now i wanted ma regular account to have the permission to moderate forums or administrate it. i did that using add admin and let that account have permission by checkin everything but still i dont see ma account has a mod why is that??

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:04 am Reply with quote

If you want users to moderate in the forums you should do this through the forums admin.

fresh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quote

Whats the difference between of administrators in the forums and moderators in the forums???

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quote

Administrators have access to everything (controls to moderate all forums as well as access to the admin panel) while moderators only can moderate specific forums you specify.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
fresh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote

oh ok cool. So to moderate the forums i have to set it up via forum admin pannel and to moderate phpnuke i have to set it via nuke admin pannel right. So it is like 2 different things.
And also what group thing should i use>? coz ravennuke has 2 of em? or does it matter??

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Use the Forums group panel to set up groups to moderate Forums as Jakec and Evaders said. The confusion is partly caused by the fact that nsngroups creates corresponding forums groups (beneath the scenes there are separate MYSQL tables for nsngroups and Forums). On the other hand Forums groups know nothing about nsngroups. Why should they, the Forums software was developed in blissful ignorance of *nuke and is likely to stay that way.

You could take a basic group that was created by nsngroups and manipulate the Forums version of it (remember separate table) in Forums. But I generally like to treat them as totally separate beasts.

fresh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. It is still confusing but i am trying it out.
I have few other questions i thought i might ask yall here. If no one reply i will open a new thread for that.
-How do i change the small icon in the url bar at the very left? before http? i want to put ma own icon there.
- and is there something suppose to be in .staccess file??coz mine is empty and nothing in there?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Look up favicon.ico... Wink

fresh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote

that's what it is called?LOL thanks man i found this lil program that let me make one. I was tryina figure it out but didnt know what u call that
thanks

fresh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quote

ok now i am lil familiar with da admin thing and mod thin and how they work atleast now i know how to set them up but i still can't figure out a way to hide the mods and admin from every forums. For example it shows other members in every forum who is mod and admin Like MODERATORS: 1st mod, 2nd mod, 3rd mod even after i hide the groups

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote

You can hide groups by going into the ACP --> Forums --> Group Admin --> Management and pick your groups. Within there, there is something called "Group Status". You have your choice of "Open Group", "Closed Group" and "Hidden Group".

fresh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote

nah i meant how to hide this??? i wanna hide em coz it doesnt look nice if i have many moderators showing next to each sub forums like that

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote

fresh, what theme are you using?

fresh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote

i am using fisubice phpbb2 style by Daz

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 am Reply with quote

fresh, did you ever find out where to change that?

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote

I believe the file you edit is index_body.tpl of your forums template

fresh

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quote

nah i never figured that out. Since i only got 1 mod and 1 admin in the forum i wasnt worried about but maybe later on i am gonna have to do something. Maybe put them inside the groups that way only groups show up rather than all the mods and admins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic