Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback
pe5pvb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote

Is it possible to upgrade the FCK editor to the latest release. There are so many bugs fixed and features added. I did it manually myself and it's very easy to do.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quote

I noticed the latest Beta release (2.6) is out, and has some interesting features and improvements. Previous releases after 2.3.2 did not offer a compelling reason to update, but I haven't had time to evaluate this release. I generally recommend against using Beta releases of FCKeditor, but hope to test this and include the final release at some point in the future - just not sure when.

pe5pvb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote

I'm using the 2.5.1. on my Ravennuke site right now and there are some improvements made, lot of fixes for Firefox.

One of the nice features is to manual assing <br> and <p> to the enter or shift-enter key.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote

I'll take a look as soon as I get a chance.

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Looked into this a little yesterday, and 2.6 is definitely a release to consider for upgrading nukeWYSIWYG - once it's out of Beta.

Comparing the versions after 2.3.2 (current version used in nukeWYSIWYG and RavenNuke), some functionality will be removed (namely, the universal keyboard - which I believe might be helpful for Arabic and multi-byte languages). But the benefits - mostly in 2.6 - are pretty significant.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Its out of beta!!! Dance-Y
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Just ran into issues this week with a client who is a 100% Mac shop and all use Safari... he's not able to see the editor. Supposedly above 2.4.x has Safari support. How difficult would it be for me to upgrade this? Is there any that I should especially watch out for?

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Yep. And it's ready for testing on nukeSEO. Check out the submit news function.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quote

Thanks to montego, we made some additional configuration changes and its working even better now. We're still dealing with issues uploading to the correct location on Linux and Windows. Linux works consistently; Windows - not so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback

View next topic
View previous topic