Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Ok I just finished installing RavenNuke for my webpage but I'm having a problem. During install when i was running the installSQL.php file I got errors at the bottom of the page but the tables did load so I'm not sure if this is related to the problem I'm having now or not.

After I finishing setting up the webpage IE, GOD account/password, user account/password etc and then I rename the installation file, then I go to the page and it loads up, for some reason the RavenNuke image is a red X but that's minor the real problem is when trying to log on.

When I try to login as a user or go to admin.php and try to login as GOD it repeatedly comes back asking me for username and password even though I got it right, If I type it wrong it says Incorrect username or password but when I type it right it still comes back asking for username/password again and again so I can't get into the site as an admin. Please advise. Thank you very much.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote

The really funny thing is people can register on the site and login with no problems but the accounts I setup at the end of the installation IE GOD account and Standard account are not working and repeatedly asking me for my username and password. My friend says it even shows me as online on the bar but it's not letting me be online.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Is this the current version 2.20.01 ? Are you sure you created all tables correctly ?
Would be good to have the message with the sql error from the bottom.
Make sure you uploaded all files and beneed this you can run the installSQL.php again and start fresh.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote

Yes its the current version, I ran InstallSQL.php and clicked each load table button, This is the error that shows at the bottom of the page right when i run InstallSQL and during the loading of the tables, I just tried to reload the Tables and now not only does it ask me for my username and password repeatedly but it also asks the people who were able to register and login before.

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_9297a1be2a2f861711b97925b4bc36f8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Oh, I believe I saw this error message in an other post too.
So wait before you start fresh. Maybe someone knows the link to the post or the fix.

Last edited by Susann on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total 
lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote

I'm stumped because I installed this on a different webhost the same way and ofcourse it worked perfectly guess my Clan should have went with Bluehost instead of Startlogic LOL. Also i initially installed it on a UNIX and the one my clan has is Windows, little bit more of a pain in the butt but I don't know why it's giving those errors or why it won't let me log in and just keeps asking for my username/password.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote

I found someone with a similar error but there was no resolution and it wasn't during installation, haven't seen any posts about it repeatedly asking the user for login password even if your typing it in right though.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote

When I try for kicks to create a new user account it tells me everytime that the security code is incorrect please go back and reenter, I've tried many times and I know I'm getting these security codes so could this be what's going on? No matter what security code I type it's wrong?

lumnyin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Ok I didn't solve the problem but I did find out exactly what it is and a workaround, The problem is that the security code it shows me everytime is incorrect, I removed the security code check entirely and guess what I'm now logging in with no problems. What could cause this? Thanks for all the help, and sorry about the reply's to my reply's.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 am Reply with quote

StartLogic? Oh my... you poor soul. Sounds like they have not improved any since I first used them... and then promptly dumped them.

What I believe these errors are telling us is that your host does not have sessions configured properly. However, what I cannot figure out is why your regular users could log in... that doesn't make sense.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote

I know right? LOL I use Bluehost and I love them. I've had to just disable the Security Check, If I can figure it out later great, if not oh well, without the security check everything works fine.

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Better fix it. Do a google search I found some results for these warnings.
I would not run a site without working captcha.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote

I uninstalled and reinstalled the site 5times from scratch and it does the same thing everytime and noone on here the designers of RavenNuke can answer the problem and I found nothing on google so how do you propose I just fix it?

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote

Using google there are 9,500 search results for:
Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions

and 2.240.000 search results for:

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files)

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quote

lumnyin, obviously this is a host issue, you have stated yourself that it works on Bluehost and not Startlogic. Have you tried asking the host about this issue?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quote

Lets take this from the top then so we can see where we are.
When you did the first install you got warnings regarding the session.save.path - this would indicate a host problem that does not has sessions configured correctly. *nuke and a lot of other scripts rely heavily on sessions for user authentication so if they are not correctly set up on the server, you will encounter problems.

At a guess, I would say that you might have seen the error notice and run the installer a second time? If that is what happened, you now have two lots of cokkies for the same site on your machine which are conflicting.

When you ran the install again, existing users had to log in again - this is because the installer randomly generates a 'sitekey' each time it is run and this would make any active sessions invalid. As your users already have a cookie and probably an active session they would automatically be logged out as the 'key' is now different.
Both you and your users would ned to clear your browser cahce and cookies, close the browser window and then open a new one BUT if your host has incorrectly configured sessions, I'm afraid you might be onto a lose-lose situation with this.

lumnyin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote

All I thank you for your responses, as I said I went ahead and am running the website as is now with $gfx_chk=0, If I change that at all no users can log in period. Other than that there is absolutely no problems with the site. However, I'd like to have that enabled for the additional security. Is there anyway to reinstall the GD extension that it talks about? Would that possibly fix the problem, or is this just the host and won't fix unless the host does something? Thank you.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Your web host would need to re-install the GD libraries as it is part of the servers operating system.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote

lumnyin, I feel like a broken record of sorts... We keep saying that your host does NOT have sessions properly configured. If you are not going to ask them to fix it or they are unwilling to fix it, I am sorry, but there is nothing else that we can do for you.

Bang Head Smack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic