Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
corpse
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I just installed RavenNuke v2.20.01 onto my site for a test site,I figured I give it a try after doing the graphics for Raven for the boxart. Well, its in a sub directory and everything seems to work fine, sortof. A few errors that I am finding is as follows.

1.) Modules, you have to click the activate, page refreshes, but then you have to click it a second time for it to actually stick and activate the module. Same with placing it in the navigation.

2.) logging out of admin, or anything is not happening. When you click the logout, it will bring you to the screen that says you are logged out, but then you go back to the home and your still logged in.

3.) Created a test admin account for others to come in and test out certian modules, and they cant login.

Any idea's what could be causing this?

I did do a search on this site but found nothing that answers any of my questions.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote

1. Can't replicate your problem with activation.
2. I suspect it is automatically logging you back in based on your cookies being present.
3. You may need to have Sentinel scan for new admins in addition to creating the new admin accounts.

corpse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I found that the activation, and deactivation works, what I have to do is after I click deactivate, wait like 5 seconds and then click refresh. I have to also do the same thing to log out. This is more of a pain in the butt then I like. I am betting that its something on my end, but I never had this problem with the nuke I am running on my other site, oh well. It just a test site anyways...

As from the Sentinel, I already did that. I am not new to using Sentinel, that was what I did to add the new admin. I am new to RN, but I been using sentinel since I opened my main site about a year ago.I deleted the whole site and re uploaded it, I also deleted the database and reinstalled it. and its still doing the same thing. I deleted the cookies for the site and still happens, but now its just the whole, wait 5 seconds then refresh.

Thanks for the input.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote

2 and 3 sound like cookies being reused since it sounds like you are running your real site "above" your test site.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote

1) sounds like an issue CodyG was having, but I cannot recall what the issue was on her host end. I'll have to try and find that thread, but unfortunately, I do not have time right this minute. Sad

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote

CodyG was having an issue where the host was caching the pages so no matter what you did the old pages were being re-written back to the browser. As I recall, vaguely, the symptoms were similar. I'm not sure it was ever resolved in the thread, I don't think that it was.

corpse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote

Hrm, I will look into this some more... My host is pretty good so I will find out if they are automatically caching the pages.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Ask them what their expires_module settings are(apache cache), see if they are using a php cache module(doubtfull that this will be the issue), and finally, the rarest of all problems, make sure that the server time, and the date(); of php is the same, this occurs when the time of the server is reset through WHM, but apache not restarted. The timestamp on the session files itself if off, ussually by a lot more then a few seconds, but can cause the system to report the session existing.

Also, check that when you logout, your cookie is actually deleted, you can view your cookies in your systems temp directory, for some reason, Windows likes to forget it's own time, and marks incorrect times on those files.

These are all problems I've dealt with, might point you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote

gregexp, I am thinking that CodyG's issue might have been this exactly.

Since this is RN 2.20.01, there are some directives that were suggested for .htaccess to work with mod_expires. Do you have the following within your .htaccess?

Code:

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
  ExpiresActive On
  # ExpiresDefault A86400
  ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 5 minutes"
  ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 5 minutes"
  ExpiresByType text/plain "access plus 15 minutes"
  ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType video/x-flv "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 month"
  ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 5 minutes"
  ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 5 minutes"
</IfModule>

If so, you might want to add the following right before the closing "</IfModule>" line:

Code:

<FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
    ExpiresByType text/html "now"
  </FilesMatch>

See if that helps.

corpse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

no, I don't have that in my .htaccess

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:24 pm Reply with quote

Well then, I don't know the answer. There is nothing built into RN to cache pages like this (other than what I mentioned above), so it has to be host or ISP related.

I was hoping it was going to be easy...

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:40 am Reply with quote

As the directives for the expires module can be set in httpd.conf, therefore your .htaccess wont have to have them to experience the same problem, add this to your .htaccess:

<FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
ExpiresByType text/html "now"
</FilesMatch>

As montego suggested, it will force php pages to not cache on the server side, overriding any existing apache settings but only for your domain.
Also, check your browser settings, and make sure it checks for new versions of the page on every page load.(in IE it is tools-> internet options -> Browser history-> settings -> check the box that states look for new versions everytime I visit a webpage.

Hopefully one of these 2 will take care of your issue.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quote

corpse, what is the latest on this? Did you try gregexp's suggestion?

mercman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote

Yo guys!
I'll just drop my 2 cents in here...

Corpse, you wouldn't happen to be using Firefox would you?
I've noticed that with the new distro, IE works fine for me, but FF acts exactly as you describe: you cannot logout (user or admin).
It seems to allow the logout, until the page refreshes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
corpse, what is the latest on this? Did you try gregexp's suggestion?

???? Is this a dead issue???

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote

Looks like this might be a dead issue... Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic