Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback
fredbloggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quote

Hi all, well, as the title really. I've spend a few hours poking around here and I wish I'd known about RN before I developed a phpnuke v8.0 website back in 2007. I have decided I am definitely going to use RN for my next website which I'm presently planning. Having a look at the included modules I think I need these features in addition-

1 A Gallery (other website has G2, but I see it isn't popular here) is essential.
2 I need to have Admin approving membership (as in the "Approve membership" module that I have added to my nuke 8 site) this is essential too.
3 I need to be able to temporarily suspend a members Forum posting rights if required.
4 phpBB3 would be very, very nice but it's not availble in any nukes yet (AFAIK, but it has feature #3 built in to it!).

Any suggestions about the above points would be appreciated. Thank you.

PS- I can hold off a few weeks yet if it would be worthwhile waiting for something exciting to happen Cool

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 am Reply with quote

1. Guardian has recently released a Gallery module which will run on RN. You can find out more information at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

2. Montego has released a Approve Membership Lite module for RN. This can be downloaded from here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

3. This mod is being discussed currently in a separate thread in the forums here, so probably worth a read.

4. Evaders is looking into this, but don't expect it to be available soon.

I hope this helps, should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post back. Very Happy

Jakec

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:24 am Reply with quote

Just realised that the other thread I mentioned is yours. Laughing

fredbloggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote

Thank you Jakec, I'm sorry if I made a little bit of a cross post. The issue in the other thread is for my "old" phpnuke 8 website. But it is a facility that I must have on my next new website.

I am very, very impressed with the speed of RN support here. Thank you.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote

I run G2 on two web sites ... one for testing and the other for my local bicycle club. We have well over a thousand photos posted. So it will run with RN. I've posted elsewhere what a p.i.t.a. it can be to administer but it will work if you keep after it.

I used to have the full AM module running on a 7.4 and then a 7.6 site. It works fine but it too became a p.i.t.a. when time came to run a Forums upgrade. I believe that Montego's version of AM light substantially reduces the upgrade headache for RN but I don't have direct experience with it.

fredbloggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote

fkelly, Thank you. I must admit, G2 has been OK on my nuke 8.0 website but it is a hugely complex piece of code these days and I still have problems getting the various recommended graphics plug-ins to work properly. But it is an excellent piece of work when you get it going. I appreciate the insight, I'm going to download the CA Gallery script but I'm waiting for the admin at CA to authorise my account at the moment before I can download it. Don't know how long that will be. Can't find a link to the script anywhere else like Sourceforge or someplace.

I take your point about Approve Member, I am definately going to use AM Lite. Thank you for your support. It's brilliant, I wish I had found RN a few months ago.

Regards.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote

It shouldn't take Guardian2003 long to authorise your account, he is around most days, unless he is away. If you haven't heard anything by the end of the day PM me your email address and I will email you the module.

fredbloggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
It shouldn't take Guardian2003 long to authorise your account, he is around most days, unless he is away. If you haven't heard anything by the end of the day PM me your email address and I will email you the module.
Thank you jakec. I'll leave it till tomorrow now. If I haven't been authorised by then, I'll PM you my email address. Thank you very much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - Feedback

View next topic
View previous topic