Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote

Has anyone successfully loaded and implemented on Wild West or GoDaddy. Uses Apache 1.3.3 and runs PHP as cgi not as module.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quote

Don't know, but since *nuke is a heavy SQL call type application, I would ask them for what their "limitations" are on such things as: SQL calls/___, PHP memory utilization, number of emails/____ (if that is important to you).

The old adage always applies: you get what you pay for. Wink

bprsk8r4272
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote

works fine on godaddys 14.99 plan it doesnt work on there basic plan though

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote

I went through the Installation just fine. But then when I attempt to access admin.php or index.php I get ‹

If you view source, it is actually:

‹</object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok -->

bprsk8r4272

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote

that means it wont work on the webhost your using

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:32 am Reply with quote

I am close to finding the exact problem.

In the admin.php file:
/**********************************************************/
echo ' ';
define('ADMIN_FILE', true);
require_once('mainfile.php');

That permits the site to come up.
echo ''; will not do it -- there must be at least a space.

However, the Security code does not display.

Will probably end up encountering several problems along the way, but I am determined to get RavenNuke to run on the free linux hosting.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote

Is it really worth the hassle? You can find some really cheap hosting and it will save you a lot of heartache! It really is like what Montego said 'you get what you pay for'. Wink

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote

Since I am a reseller, I want this to work. And I will provide the support, when theirs fail.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quote

So far almost all the problems are solved by putting

echo ' ';

needs to be placed in:

index.php
modules.php
admin.php

I have not determined the security code problem yet. The gfx is set in the config file so it has to be something else.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 am Reply with quote

Reloading some of the tables with data from original site.

If anyone wants to see that RavenNuke will run on the free shared linux hosting the website is the same as the original [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Since I have having trouble with displaying the captcha security code it is impossible to register or get to the admin page. I am open to any suggestions on where the problem might be located.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote

The problem is in your addition of code.

When you add echo ''; to the top of your script, your having the script make outputs, but regretfully, your having it do it, before it sets headers and cookies, so even if you can login to the admin panel, your php will throw errors out as soon as it tries to set headers, one of the things it needs to do with the gfx image.

The problem is, I cant think of a reason why something would work with an echo, when it wont work without.

Do you have error reporting turned on? I'd say let php spit out the problem.

If you have the ability to check the error_log, I'd recommend that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote

That is how I found out that placing an echo with 1 blank space will let the page load. Their limited explanation in the documentation made some references to setof headers, sessions, and using .htacess.

The free hosting has the advertisement for the reseller that sold the domain. Since the ad is for my own reseller account, it would be beneficial for me to get it to work.

What is frustrating is that the ad is for my reseller account, but I do not have access to the ad or the java script code that generates the page. They do not provide tech support for 3rd party software.

I got alot of it up from a fresh install mixed with my original tables. Since this caused other problems, I am redoing everything back to my original site with the 2.20.00. Then add the 2.20.01 changes as an upgrade.

If necessary, I can then zip it for downloading to any free linux hosting plan that has that "advertisement" condition.

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote

have you tried getting the script to do something other then output something, perhaps write to a file.

The main problem with free hosting is that they compile php with certain modules that disable basic functions, I've seen these modules in use, and they are almost impossible to circumvent.

But even if you get to the point that you can bypass these problems, you still have an issue of dealing with the codes and modules they add to, if memory serves me right, lighttpd

Could be apache, been a while since I did anything like that for a free host.

But either way, your gonna lose functionality somewhere. Your fighting a system that sits on the backend of a box, and the entire system is designed to stop you from bypassing anything. It's a nightmare, but hey, this is the cost of free hosting.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Bobby,

I know I'm just catching up here, but .....

There is nothing in RN, in and of itself, that would/should prevent it from running on any host, free or otherwise. As was mentioned above, there can be issues due to options that are/aren't compiled into PHP but if placing an echo statement allows the page to display then it is because the echo <space> is stopping the headers from displaying.

If it works on one plan and not the other, then imo the onus is on THEM to tell you what is different between the 2 plans. I, as a customer (if it were me), would demand that they either explain it or fix it. The echo <space> will definitely cause RN not to function correctly, as well as any version of *nuke, as well as any application that makes any header() calls after the initial echo <space>. This is NOT an RN issue but some kind of a host setup issue.

Raven Web Hosting is always a sure option Wink

bobbyg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote

When back to fresh install. Now if I use the space I get XML error. So I change the echo space to echo '</html>; which allowed me back into the site.

I just remembered that when using an ftp some files must be ascii and some binary. However, I don't know which are which in RavenNuke. Is there an ftp reference page for RavenNuke showing ascii/binary and security settings (777. 644) etc.?

I also set up RavenNuke in separate folder under the html so I could have a Welcome page and allow access to old site and new install.

That is what I figured. They keep saying they cannot help with 3rd party software. However, they did say that if there is a problem on their side to let them know. The only problem is I have sent 5 emails to tech support and got the same reply.

I am going to copy your reply and send it to them. Maybe they will get the point.

However, could a change to the php.ini file they provide solve this.

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off
expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so
rg_emulation=off

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote

The settings in php.ini, will more then likely have nothing to do with the problem.

It's probably the way php was compiled and installed.

Free hosting is designed to stop you from using them with anything strong, that way, they can host 100,000 tiny sites on a system that would only be able to run 1000 sites with cms' that are not unusual. The main problem is, you cannot echo anything out before the headers are sent, which is something nuke does, and it wont function right without it.

There is absolutley no way, that I can think of, to set headers on a system that stops it, perhaps if I knew HOW they stopped it, it could be bypassed, but your talking about exposing a hosts systems, which is going to expose possible exploits and they will more then likely shut you down.

Fork up a few bucks, pay for a reseller, I hate to say it, but free hosts are not worth the effort, think about it, you could be making money right now, with a decent host, rather then fighting a system that is lacking in functionality.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Transfer all php files as binary if it's a linux host. In fact, I xfer all my files as binary.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote

gregexp wrote:

Fork up a few bucks, pay for a reseller, I hate to say it, but free hosts are not worth the effort, think about it, you could be making money right now, with a decent host, rather then fighting a system that is lacking in functionality.

I am a reseller. Xoops, Joomla, Mambo are all available and run on the free host plan. The ad on the free host at the top is for my reseller account, so it would be beneficial if I can get this to run.

raven wrote:
Transfer all php files as binary if it's a linux host. In fact, I xfer all my files as binary.

That is what I had first done. But then I read a reference to .htaccess needs to be ascii

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Joomla runs? and correctly, Joomla does a lot of the same practices nuke does, that surprises me that joomla would where nuke wont. And I meant get a reseller on a normal host, not a free one.

As for .htaccess binary is fine, it doesnt need to ascii.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Ran you little connection test script

TCP/IP Connection
Attempting to create a socket ...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function socket_create() in /home/content/1/2/3/123456/html/site/raven/index.php on line 17

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Since you say RN v2.20.00 runs on 1 plan and not the other, then that means that your host has sockets enabled on the 1 plan and NOT on yours.

Also, you are NOT using the latest release of RN nor of NukeSentinel(tm). NukeSentinel(tm) is the only application in RN v2.20.00 that was using the socket_create function. This was changed in NukeSentinel v2.5.16. Either update to RN v2.20.01 or update your version of NukeSentinel(tm) - v2.5.17 is the latest release.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Response from support.

[quote][
Please provide us with a full list of the requirements for the RavenNuke application so we may investigate this matter further for you. Unfortunately it would not have the same requirements as DotNetNuke and PHPNuke as DNN runs off of ASP.NET and PHPNuke runs off PHP. Once we receive the system requirements we can look further into this/quote]

So I ran a search on system requirements and found others with similar problems with godaddy.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote

See my previous response.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote

Deleted all tables
loaded v20.20.01
Ran install
Core tables installed (even though it still showed not loaded)
Ran setup

access to website gives same initial result

‹

</object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok -->

Ran the socket test with same results
What ever is causing the ‹ is eliminated when inserting the echo ' '; but resulting with

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /BobbyG/index.php:22) in /BobbyG/mainfile.php on line 304

I had set the rnconfig to log all sql -- no problems with accessing databases

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Bobby, there are no socket calls in v2.20.01 and there ‹ character. It appears you are, in addition to whatever else, having ftp issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic