Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
fredbloggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote

Hello all, I migrated from a phpBB2.xx Forum to plain vanilla PHPNUKE v8.0 sometime ago (never again!) and I have a couple of features that I could do with implementing if anyone can help please?

Sometimes a member or two may get a bit "excited" and I used to be able to suspend their posting rights for a few days or hours in phpBB2 to allow time to "cool off". I do not seem to be able to find a way to do this in the phpBB/phpnuke embedded version of the Forum script. The Forum is v2.19, I believe.

Can anyone suggest a way to do a temporary suspension of posting rights please? I had thought about changing a members password but this means more work for an already overstretched admin. The admin would have to remember to send the member his new password when the suspension was finished etc.... Any ideas please? Thanks! Cool

bprsk8r4272
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote

phpBB2 doesnt come with it built in but there is a mod i believe on there forums you can try to install it and see if it will work but make a backup first.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote

Wow, that was quick! I wasn't sure if a phpBB2.xx mod would work on a "nuked" version. Thanks, I reckon it's worth a try. We did have this functionality in the "standalone" phpBB2.xx we had, I can't thiunk if it was a mod or not though!

Thank you!

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:22 am Reply with quote

For example I had for a limited time the Jail mod/Bantron mod installed and it worked more or less.
Users can still login but they don´t see anything in your forums and they can´t use private messages or post. There are a few bugs in this mod but it works.
You ´ll find at phpBB some other mods wich bans temporary. Maybe they work also with BB2Nuke with some modifications.

Last edited by Susann on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total 
fredbloggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quote

Thank you Susann, I'll go take a look over there. Thanks for the great support!

fredbloggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote

fredbloggs wrote:
Thank you Susann, I'll go take a look over there. Thanks for the great support!
Hmmm, the "Jail mod" link is broken at- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There is this little hack (below) which, if it works, would suit me just fine! No idea if it is anything like compatible with a nuked Forum, I guess I'll just have to try it and find out. Thanks.

Quote:
## MOD Title: Ban_User_from_Posting
## MOD Author: Noobarmy <chip_anthony@hotmail.co.uk> (Anthony Chu) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
## MOD Description: Adds a function to stop a user from posting
## MOD Version: 0.1.0
##
## Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 5 Minutes
## Files To Edit:
## Included Files:
## License: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] GNU General Public License v2
##############################################################
## For security purposes, please check: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
## for the latest version of this MOD. Although MODs are checked
## before being allowed in the MODs Database there is no guarantee
## that there are no security problems within the MOD. No support
## will be given for MODs not found within the MODs Database which
## can be found at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
## Author Notes:
## (none)
## MOD History:
##
## 2006-05-29 - Version 1.0.0
## - Initial Coding complete
##
## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE phpbb_banlist ADD ban_userid_post mediumint(Cool
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/functions_post.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
die('Hacking attempt');
}
#
#-----[ AFTER ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
//find out if user is banned from posting. if true then error message will appear
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/banned.'.$phpEx);
if banned(($userdata['session_logged_in']) ? $userdata['user_id'] : '')
{}
else{
//user isn't banned so this can continue
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
?>
#
#-----[ BEFORE ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
}
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Approx 5-10 % of my members that registers can't access forums at all. This is caused by that they upon registration of some reason is becoming inactive user i.e user_active is 0 instead of 1. In Forum admin you can search for a member and change that member to inactive and he will be blocked from forum and private messages. You can also change this with phpMyAdmin.

fredbloggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quote

slackervaara, thank you. Yes, I recall that in the "standalone" phpBB2.xx that I used, that is exactly what we used to do. The functionality is broken in the nuked version that I have in my phpnuke8.0 website. It could be something that happened in the database conversion from phpbb to phpnuke. Thank you for the comment it has given me a new avenue to explore. Regards.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote

The prefix phpbb_ doesn´t exist in Nuke so you need to change this always whenever you try out a non converted mod.
The Jail mod is old and contains some bugs quess thats the reason why he was removed but there are other mods e.g. Yellow Card mod" etc. so just try some out and don´t forget to backup all your files and the database table.

fredbloggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:34 am Reply with quote

Thank you Susann, appreciated very much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic