Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
loraxx
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quote

I just bought a new keyboard. The keyboard is Logitech's G15. It is pretty nice. Anyone else use this keyboard? Anyone find any good downloads/software for the LCD on the keyboard? It has lots a standard game stuff but I'm looking for alarm clocks and other stuff. I found stuff on the g15forums site but my anti-virus software did not like the downloads so I got concerned and blacklisted them for now.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote

Anyone?

Sorry loraxx, but I am not even familiar with or what I would do with a LCD on my keyboard. Laughing

Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote

I mainly just use the lcd for gaming (temps, ts, chat while in game, etc) or for winamp if I've got a ton of stuff going on on the screen already. Mainly just bought it for the gkeys.
Other then then g15forums the only other place I know of is g15mods.com.

loraxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I found stuff on the g15forums site but my anti-virus software did not like the downloads so I got concerned and blacklisted them for now. Do you have any comments on my virsus comment? The virus was PAX_generic.001. Due to the virus my anti-virus software cancelled the download.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote

I don't get any warnings, scanning downloads with both nod32 and avast. What AV are you using?

loraxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote

I use several AV codes. The one that trips is Trend Office Microscan. Corporate license. Here is the information on the virus I detect:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quote

Is this with a specific file you tried to download, or any of them? Just saw they have the alarm thing, so tested that and again didn't see anything. It may very well be a false positive.

loraxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:28 am Reply with quote

yes the bandwidth one get rejected by my AV software everytime on multiple sites. What did you av sw do?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote

What was the specific one? Like I said I use nod32 and avast.

loraxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have attached the link the first time. This is one of the files that gives me a virus warning.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Call me a noob but what is nod32 and avast?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote

Nod32 is an av with a small footprint, really fast and has good detection, lots of options, but it's not for your average user as it can be very complicated. Avast also has a good detection rate, comes in a free home version, and is user friendly.

Not seeing anything in that file, although anything that gathers this data will have to use specific system hooks that might look to be suspicious to trend micro. If you're worried, they've included the source, you could always just look it over and compile it yourself to be sure. I'm pretty sure that was just a false positive.

loraxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Thanks alot 999.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic