Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Collapsing Forums Block
j4rdin
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 am Reply with quote

Have just updated my site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to RN2.20.01 have noticed that the Collapsing menu blocks menu (below)

[Forum] Topic Replies Author Views Last Post

Displays OK in Firefox and IE7 but for some reason seems to be a completely different (large) size in IE6.

Has anyone else seen this and if so what is the fix. I assume there isn't an updated compliant version of the block available yet.

John

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately I do not have access to IE6 any longer. Well, when you say "I assume there isn't an updated compliant version of the block available yet", you are assuming that IE is compliant. FireFox is much better at rendering per standards than IE is, and it is working well in FF isn't it?

That block is fairly recent, so I suspect it has been updated for XHTML compliance but I am not certain of that. What version of RN did you upgrade from?

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Unfortunately I do not have access to IE6 any longer. Well, when you say "I assume there isn't an updated compliant version of the block available yet", you are assuming that IE is compliant. FireFox is much better at rendering per standards than IE is, and it is working well in FF isn't it?

That block is fairly recent, so I suspect it has been updated for XHTML compliance but I am not certain of that. What version of RN did you upgrade from?

Has always seemed to be a problem with IE6 rendering the block as to wide due to text sizes, so guess you are correct.

Have just checked that I have the latest copy of the block which is v2.2.3 and checked the blocks version mods in the header and can't see any reference to XHTML compliance being added.

And the update was from RN2.10.01 to RN2.20.01 I waited for the bug release before upgrading.

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's Collapsing Forums Block

View next topic
View previous topic