Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
vaudevillian
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote

I didnt relize that the who is where block was already installed with 2.20 so I activated it. I didnt change anything. I am getting an error in the block. I dont know if this post should be here or in the blocks forum.

Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /"editout"/"editout"/"editout"/modules/RWS_WhoIsWhere/index.php on line 1

since this is a module file should I replace the files I just downloaded with the one on the site?

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote

this is line 1 of that file

<?php

Paul_K
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Seems to be a random issue when uploading the file, formatting gets all messed up and the code becomes one line. Try editing the file on your server with a cut and paste of the good code.

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postp115387.html?highlight=#115387

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
vaudevillian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Thank you worked like a charm. Yeah, I opened the file on cpanel file manager and it was very jumbled up.

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Last question on this, is it possible to make the center block appear on all pages? If so is there a direction you can point me in? I did a seach. didnt find much useful. Sad

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote

vaudevillian, not without hacking code. Center blocks are typically only for the home page. I don't have time at the moment to try and figure out the hack... has anyone already done this and could possibly post back?

vaudevillian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote

I could manualy do this to include it above all the footer include files since it is a iframe if im not mistaken. Was just checking if there was an easy way to do this.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Well, this is just theory at the moment, but most modules will include header.php somewhere towards the beginning and then close things out by including footer.php. It may be possible to call the blocks('c'); after header.php is included and then right before footer.php is included, call blocks('d');.

But, again, have not tried it nor looked at a theme to see what the HTML might look like.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic